Brechin City v Stranraer

Not blaming any single person.there is a professional club to run.that in it's self is a huge job,whatever it takes for that to happen then that should be done to make the game happen in the most professional manner we can.Hard pitches r as good as plastic. They don't produce a decent playing surface and can also cause injuries. Why do u put up excuses when there shouldn't be any.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not blaming any single person.there is a professional club to run.that in it's self is a huge job,whatever it takes for that to happen then that should be done to make the game happen in the most professional manner we can.Hard pitches r as good as plastic. They don't produce a decent playing surface and can also cause injuries. Why do u put up excuses when there shouldn't be any.

Do you know what's there to water the pitch?

10 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Think if the moisture content of the pitch had been greater Stranraer would have won. Real gamesmanship from Brechin. Obviously effective, well done.

Stranraer wouldn't have won had they been the only team playing , moisture or no moisture. 

1 hour ago, slangs said:

Look mate there r certain standards that should be attained. I shouldn't need to look. I've seen junior parks top notch so no pathetic excuses please

I've seen some bloody awful junior pitches too.  

The glebe has been the same since I was a boy.  Wet in the winter and bone dry when the cold spring east winds start blowing around April .  Why are you suddenly caught up in the condition of the pitch now ?  

There is barely  enough mains water pressure to work one sprinkler let alone 2 , so any attempt to water the pitch would be futile.  The club set up a tank  system . The tanks get filled up and can feed 2 sprinklers, which is slightly better than the mains but when the tanks run dry they need to be re filled from the mains water which takes an age due to lack of pressure. 

Not as simple as just turning on a tap I'm afraid. 

Look mate there r certain standards that should be attained. I shouldn't need to look. I've seen junior parks top notch so no pathetic excuses please

Junior pitches with more money no doubt.
Why won't you go in. Will give the game away.
Easy to criticise sitting behind a keyboard though.

2 hours ago, theycallmetrinity said:

Junior pitches with more money no doubt.
Why won't you go in. Will give the game away.
Easy to criticise sitting behind a keyboard though.

But what about your benefactor?

9 hours ago, slangs said:

Not caught up with anything.i thought the pitch was dry but seemingly can't comment on that.

Your last comment was all about  people making pathetic excuses. I gave you a simple run down on what the club have at their disposal to water the pitch.  

You can carry on commenting all you want but I would suggest you find out a bit more about the subject matter if you want to avoid being corrected.  8)

23 minutes ago, slangs said:

Chips on shoulders ???

You ve been MAFIA ed ... I got my knuckles wrapped too for saying we played better footy at end of last season and only played 4 at the back ....

I will now remain silent incase of repricussions ....MAYBE GET MADE TO WATCH RERUN OF LAST WEEKS GAME :shutup

Get over it! We're a wee club and the groundsman does a great job with the facilities available to him. Of course we could have a perfect pitch with the resources needed, but we have a part-time guy who does a really god job. With the soil we have, we're gonna have problems with water in the winter and dry ground in the summer. It's all part of supporting a wee club!

11 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

You ve been MAFIA ed ... I got my knuckles wrapped too for saying we played better footy at end of last season and only played 4 at the back ....

I will now remain silent incase of repricussions ....MAYBE GET MADE TO WATCH RERUN OF LAST WEEKS GAME :shutup

The Mafia will never keep me quite.Just now I'm fed up of us playing shite with a clueless manager and certain supporters are defending.Also seems the committee seem to lack ambition by backing him.As for the state of the pitch I've seen a better tattie field.Again its down to ambition if we want a decent pitch.

I dont think pitches that bad is it ? Frustrating when games are rained off more n more these days ..But for folk to be mumping about dry pitches is harsh.. Come July Neil will havin it looking swell ... Playing Utd and Dandys youth games can t help but i guess it brings in revenue... 

As for manager i ve no qualms with him hes just a typical defender come manager .. Terrible to watch and no plan B .... But when we do knock it about on the deck we re a good side... Too many decent players not too be ... Once again we re on verge of Play Offs without playing well ..

If he cant motivate them over nxt 2 games then ill maybe ask questions ... Win or lose all i look for s plenty effort ... 

Committee needs to freshen up there ideas and listen to the fans who do care ...But can t fault their commitment and sensible approach 

4 hours ago, citydiehard said:

The Mafia will never keep me quite.Just now I'm fed up of us playing shite with a clueless manager and certain supporters are defending.Also seems the committee seem to lack ambition by backing him.As for the state of the pitch I've seen a better tattie field.Again its down to ambition if we want a decent pitch.

Will never keep you quite what ?   

Archived