Referees

das scooter boy

11 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

How do you only break even, i know a few refs that do games in glasgow and surrounding districts every sunday, they get 3 games every sunday between 3 different leagues, theres no way they spend 120 quid every sunday on costs, no where close to it

I also know of a ref who took 5 games on a sunday as he was going on holiday and needed his spending money topped up, 200 sheets for leaving his house at 9.30am, getting home at 8.30pm and spending most of his day at either toryglen or Glasgow green, fucking cushty earner

I only broke even because I knew I would not be able to focus completely or get about the park as I wanted to if I took on more than one game per day. That's just greedy and you're essentially cheating  the teams in both games; you have to pace yourself through both, but not giving 100% to either.

I was far from the best referee around, but I always gave my best. I know many who will do a game on a Saturday and a Sunday and I can find no fault in that, but 5 games in one day? If true that really is ripping the pish.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 games in a day is terrible my m8 only does one on a sat and one on a sunday and he keeps up with play no issues at times having to slow down for the players in ayrshire we have about 4 or 5 who can keep up with the play no issues the same cant be said if the players a see one or two out running all the time but no players a rest my point

I gave up refereeing as I didn't have the time. Took it up as a way to stay involved with the game. May do it again if circumstances allow but wouldn't do it if I couldn't keep up with play and certainly wouldn't ever do more than 1 game a day. It does annoy me when I see refs not able to keep up with play as it's a pre requisite to have a basic level of fitness. I know there is a shortage of referees but If I was SFA, SAFA I would be taking refs off the list who do not/are unable to keep up with play

1 hour ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

I only broke even because I knew I would not be able to focus completely or get about the park as I wanted to if I took on more than one game per day. That's just greedy and you're essentially cheating  the teams in both games; you have to pace yourself through both, but not giving 100% to either.

I was far from the best referee around, but I always gave my best. I know many who will do a game on a Saturday and a Sunday and I can find no fault in that, but 5 games in one day? If true that really is ripping the pish.

Even then mate, one game a weekend say 40 week a year is 1600 quid a year, surely your fuel costs, strip washing cost and other expenses that come from reffing didnt cost you that a year? 

m8 one game a week what happens when the weather puts it off people have to travel and get there minimum 45mins b4 a game kit is not cheap either all the stuff they use costs and then to be abused is it worth it all my m8 does it for the love of the game and uses hie expenses for petrol money for work and stuff 

21 minutes ago, the flagman said:

m8 one game a week what happens when the weather puts it off people have to travel and get there minimum 45mins b4 a game kit is not cheap either all the stuff they use costs and then to be abused is it worth it all my m8 does it for the love of the game and uses hie expenses for petrol money for work and stuff 

I don't agree that refereeing is quite the pot of gold that many think it is but I'm sure most referees come out of it better than break even. Referees with reasonable commitment and availability would be doing 30-40 games a season. Games do get postponed but they still have to be played and refereed at some time through the season.

but you dont think they are in it only for the money m8 all that abuse from some mindless idiots who dont know what they are talking about the best are in ayrshire a have no doubt of that at all m8 all it is they are doing is tryingvto intimidate the referee in order to get the decision in there favour have the players couldnt even tell you as to how many laws there are in the game 

Sorry mate, but that's just WRONG.

By all means talk up the best referees, but anonymously slagging the worst ones on a public forum is even worse than calling him/her a useless c**t from the touchlines.

If you want to have a go, feel free to put your own./real name beside it.

Referees have feelings too you know.

ok m8 fair and valid point i therefore apologise you are correct lets talk up the good ones in ayrshire a could name about 4 maybe 5 good ones but you go first a was nite shift last nite hence the delay between post over to you now m8

It's been a while since I hung up my whistle and I haven't seen much amateur football over the years as I now have a season ticket at Rugby Park, but Ricky Crowe, Gary Campbell, Chris Brawles and Rab Hunter were all kicking about back then and remain top whistlers. I'll bet here are few players fitter than Chris and Rab around even now and these guys will be over 50 now.

If my memory serves me right Derek Park is the classic case of poacher turned gamekeeper as he was a nightmare to referee when he played, absolute headcase on he park,but now an excellent referee.I'm sure he'll admit he's probably fitter now than when he was playing.

Can't comment on the younger ones tho'.

ADD. Ok I take back what I said about naming and shaming shite refs.  just back from Hamilton and Willie Collum is a f****ing  disgrace.

Thot john beaton was excellent yesterday.
Boy park needs to get fitter and lose the beef if its the same one.

That's obviously a wind up.
Fore arm smash into Miller and a 2 footed lunge witch resulted in the player doing a 360 somersault is good refereeing? Oh wait......pointless sending Sellic players off as it's overturned on appeal

17 minutes ago, das scooter boy said:

That's obviously a wind up.
Fore arm smash into Miller and a 2 footed lunge witch resulted in the player doing a 360 somersault is good refereeing? Oh wait......pointless sending Sellic players off as it's overturned on appeal

Another hurting ***.

Tackle was the greatest ive seen at mordor in years... what was wrong with it? Foot on deck clean on ball got there well in front of miller and its not big siminovic fault miller is 9 stone and done a triple somersault.

Another hurting ***.
Tackle was the greatest ive seen at mordor in years... what was wrong with it? Foot on deck clean on ball got there well in front of miller and its not big siminovic fault miller is 9 stone and done a triple somersault.

Haha deflect away from the fore arm smash on Miller.
Brown turned round saw him coming and flung arm out.
What do YOU say about that .

Another hurting ***.

Anyway original post was about AMATEUR refs and YOU decided to bring yesterday's Ref into it.
You better hurry along your priest is waiting for you .Ta Ta

5 hours ago, das scooter boy said:

Anyway original post was about AMATEUR refs and YOU decided to bring yesterday's Ref into it.
You better hurry along your priest is waiting for you .Ta Ta

Someone mentioned collum so i mentioned beaton. The sooner your embarassment of a club dies again (this time for good) the better. Rot.

2 hours ago, das scooter boy said:

Hahaha he knew just remember that

Not a surprise the **** resort to the usual. You have f**k all else to go on about. Must do better from top to bottom

Archived