Referees

das scooter boy

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

Also was shown some fb post that sum up the respect shown to referees. When I was playing and involved in committees I wasn't the best at speaking to refs but here we have Ricky Crowe liking Knapp's fb post about yesterday game and knapp for no reason just starts abusing Ricky. No need for that at all!

Ricky is a good guy, friendly and speaks to all the teams as he's taking part in the game, always willing to talk about anything after the game if you ask him in a reasonable way, exactly what's required at our level. Wee Rab, Derek Park and Chris Brawls all similar. A bit out of order to turn on him on Facebook if that's the case, he is going out on a limb as a ref being on his Facebook and a liberty to use it to abuse him.

Also was shown some fb post that sum up the respect shown to referees. When I was playing and involved in committees I wasn't the best at speaking to refs but here we have Ricky Crowe liking Knapp's fb post about yesterday game and knapp for no reason just starts abusing Ricky. No need for that at all!

And Keir Knapp is such a model citizen as well!

3 hours ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

Prob is too many refs are on facebook/twitter liking posts and fishing for compliments after games!! Great to meet you guys all the best blah blah. (Was i good?). Yet when they have a stinket they are nowhere to be seen!! Fuk off.

15 minutes ago, energyzone said:

And Keir Knapp is such a model citizen as well!

Seen him this year a few times, not the pantomime villain he is made out to be, he's made a big mistake and paid his penalty but he is cutting a frustrated figure at the moment, probably time for him to go to a decent standard junior, he's not helping himself and maybe not his team as much as he was with the frustration. Should be playing on good pitches against good players, getting paid and learning.

3 minutes ago, Sir Matt Le Tiss said:

Seen him this year a few times, not the pantomime villain he is made out to be, he's made a bad decision and paid his dues I believe but he is cutting a frustrated figure at the moment, probably time for him to go to a decent standard junior, he's not helping himself and maybe not his team as much as he was with the frustration. Should be playing on good pitches against good players and getting paid and learning.

Best player in ammy game imo.

Prob is too many refs are on facebook/twitter liking posts and fishing for compliments after games!! Great to meet you guys all the best blah blah. (Was i good?). Yet when they have a stinket they are nowhere to be seen!! Fuk off.

Aye that's the problem! Let's absolve Knapp of being a dick because it's clearly the referee's fault for having a social media account.

2 hours ago, energyzone said:

Aye that's the problem! Let's absolve Knapp of being a dick because it's clearly the referee's fault for having a social media account.

Why would u connect with players on social media next big game setting yourself up fr a fall if your pals with one team and no another

It's bloody amateur fitba. Who cares if the referee uses social media?

I would imagine the ref couldn't give two shiney shites who wins the game. All they want to do is make the right decisions and leave without incident. I honestly think some people are looking into something that ain't there. Only in Scotland do we feel the need to pay so much attention to referees and now this has spread to amateur football. Just get on with your own game and forget the referee.

it was said at the startvof this debate about the abuse nicolle andrews gotvat a game was out of order so how do people think its ok to gie abuse in the first place albeit male or female ref where do we draw the line what happensbif an official reacts to it and decks his or her abuser eh cmon enjoy the game for whatvit is life is to short worry about something important in life 

Ricky is probably the best ref in Ayrshire. No need for the abuse on Facebook. Why was Knapp sent off Sunday ?

The linesman seen him elbowing a Hurlford player.

On 02/05/2017 at 19:42, the flagman said:

HALF THE SPECTATORS seen him elbow the hurlfird player turned out it was rocksy on the recieving end how did keir not lose his arm over that one ha ha

The other half were Shortlees fans ?

Archived