Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

Last few polls I've seen have the SNP gaining up here and Labour down south.  Hopefully a snap election soon and that Corbyn relying on the jocks dream ticket.

I say dream ticket because it would enrage the absolute worstcunts and  it'll be their backing of UKIP that made it happen  Piggy

5 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Last few polls I've seen have the SNP gaining up here and Labour down south.  Hopefully a snap election soon and that Corbyn relying on the jocks dream ticket.

I say dream ticket because it would enrage the absolute worstcunts and  it'll be their backing of UKIP that made it happen  Piggy

The Tories are not going to force an election if there's the remotest chance they'll lose it.  Four more years of this government minimum.

5 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

It doesn't matter.  Even the Tories aren't stupid enough to force an election they might lose.  Why would they?  There won't be a GE before 2022. 

I dunno, the staunch Brexiteers might be just stupid and evangelical enough to sabotage May on principal.  That is, on the principal that if they're not getting what they want, nobody is.

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

I dunno, the staunch Brexiteers might be just stupid and evangelical enough to sabotage May on principal.  That is, on the principal that if they're not getting what they want, nobody is.

They're c***s but not stupid.  There's no chance of an election.  A leadership election in the Tory party a slight possibility, which would lead to calls for an election but it won't happen.  If the Tories think they could let labour in by having a GE there will be no GE, understandably enough.

1 minute ago, Peppino Impastato said:

They're c***s but not stupid.  There's no chance of an election.  A leadership election in the Tory party a slight possibility, which would lead to calls for an election but it won't happen.  If the Tories think they could let labour in by having a GE there will be no GE, understandably enough.

If those four Labour rebels hadn't supported May last night there would have.

29 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Also, Corbyn would not contact the SNP. He knows what we’d ask for, he’d rather take his chances with the Lib Dem’s.....

26 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Doubt the Libs would have the numbers to make a difference. 

That is key.  Polls suggest that the SNP will hold the balance of power and I hope they would be strong enough to force Corbyn’s hand on key issues.

14 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

I agree, the hard right are more likely to play the long game/lose the plot, depending on interpretation.  They’re zealots.

2 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

If those four Labour rebels hadn't supported May last night there would have.

So why are they not being expelled from the Labour group at Westminster? Think the answer is that Corbyn actually wants a hard Brexit so he has more scope for pushing a far left agenda down the road, but he needs the Tories in power for another year or two as useful idiots to be able to achieve that outcome.

I probably agree with Pep on the chances of an election actually but not strongly enough to be sure about it. 

I have for the past few years steered clear of political predictions because to be quite honest in the current climate, no-one knows anything about anything. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...