Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

Benefits sanctions should be immediately stopped.
Rather than blame the Tories, I would be more interested in targetting the dole office worker who made this decision. They could very easily decide not to pursue sanctions at that level and yet they chose to do this to the guy. This is not down to May. This is done to mini Hilter b*****ds at the dole office treating people like filth. That should be the target of your anger.

Blaming them both [emoji15]

32 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

For the second time, I am blaming both as I said above.

There is not an amount of money you could give me to sanction someone.

I want to know where these "targets" are coming from. IDS strongly denied issuing them but clearly local area DWP offices are using them. Someone has turned this into a "fun game" and I dont believe for one moment that is coming from the Tory government given that IDS announced an independent review into it.

Civil servants are there to carry out the policies of the government of the day...there's little scope for being creative or implementing their own renegade alternative regimes, especially for the administrative staff who seem to be the main focus of your ire but are lucky to clear £20k a year.

Any that did would be on the other side of the counter before they knew it.

hmmm just following orders eh?
Where have we heard that excuse before.
Who specifically issued that threat in this case?

Aye because the head honchos in the NSDAP weren't held responsible whatsoever.

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I agree to a point - I certainly couldn't do that job. But you seem to be blaming them rather than the Tory government responsible for the policy.

Sanctions have been around for as long as JSA and people were sanctioned under Tory and Labour governments.  The NAO have a good report on the effectiveness of sanctions where it is shown that in cases of the short-term unemployed it does change attitudes whereas in the long-term demographic it is much less likely to play a part in changing behaviours.   If you are interested, the report can be found here.

a quick snapshot of the sanction numbers

sanctions.thumb.png.99994d6805d36c5780714bc079c29892.png

2 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Civil servants are there to carry out the policies of the government of the day...there's little scope for being creative or implementing their own renegade alternative regimes, especially for the administrative staff who seem to be the main focus of your ire but are lucky to clear £20k a year.

Any that did would be on the other side of the counter before they knew it.

Quick way to an effective pay rise. ;)

Just now, oaksoft said:

That was a switch of context. FFS guys can at least one of you engage your brains tonight?

It wasn't.

You contradicted yourself.

You know, if you admit to having made a mistake, no-one will think any less of you. We're all human, and we all make them.

Try it, bet you don't die.

Benefits sanctions should be immediately stopped.
Rather than blame the Tories, I would be more interested in targetting the dole office worker who made this decision. They could very easily decide not to pursue sanctions at that level and yet they chose to do this to the guy. This is not down to May. This is done to mini Hilter b*****ds at the dole office treating people like filth. That should be the target of your anger.

Sorry for my lack of "intelligence" but maybe you could put me straight,can you highlight the part in your post where you blame both the Government and those "mini Hitler b*****ds". Just so I can get the proper context.

2 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

Mate the guy isn't real. It's just a cry for likes/anti Tory propaganda. Fake News.

Since the anti-swear filter on the forum will probably block it out, I'll spell this out as you need to see it.

You are a Charlie Uniform November Tango.

That is all.

Was away changing money for my holiday today, the pound was about 1.29 to the dollar on tues/wed then cue May's rant about interference and its slid to about 1.25 overnight. Why do people not wake up and see how much of a fucking arse of it the Tories are making?

Same with the euro, post election announcement it was sitting around 1.21, now it's at 1.15.

Only a matter of pennies but it's ridiculous.