Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

30 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

That's incredible. Maybot could set fire to a guide dog live on TV and folk will still prefer her to Corbyn.

Absolute shambles of a politician.

Yes, but was it a pesky foreign dog taking the jobs of our own proud guide dogs...

I've always said Corbyn has a very limited shelf life. May and the Tories had a disastrous election campaign in the last Westminster election and he still couldn't win.

Corbyn won't face May next time that's for sure.  

11 hours ago, Colkitto said:

I've always said Corbyn has a very limited shelf life. May and the Tories had a disastrous election campaign in the last Westminster election and he still couldn't win.

Maybe Labour can get the enigmatic Keir Hardy to stand against her. 

48/52 ex dks.....
Better than i thought it would be. Once people really start to realise how bad things are going to be especially with a no deal scenario then we might see yes level.

I still think Nicola sturgeon has a duty to hold a 2nd referendum even though the result may not go her way. The SNP were voted in with that mandate.

They may be afraid to do it as a 2nd no vote could be fatal but for me they are duty bound to hold one, mainly due to the significant change in direction the UK has taken(not to mention the mountain of broken promises).

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

DYQNw03X0AEWAzn.jpg

Just a matter of time, really.

It does suggest that it's the 35-54 bracket where Yes needs to do most of it's work.

Edited by renton

On 3/9/2018 at 21:29, Colkitto said:

I think Corbyn is a cool guy and would like a pint with him but it's absolutely embarrassing when you people like Seamus Milne in a real position of power in his team. The guys pretty much taking Kremlin talking points and regurgitating it in parliament today FFS.

I'm not taking the piss when I say that if Gordon Brown was still a backbencher, I think he'd be quite a credible candidate for the leadership and win a General Election very comfortably. That's saying quite a lot as well.

10 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I think Corbyn is a cool guy and would like a pint with him but it's absolutely embarrassing when you people like Seamus Milne in a real position of power in his team. The guys pretty much taking Kremlin talking points and regurgitating it in parliament today FFS.

I'm not taking the piss when I say that if Gordon Brown was still a backbencher, I think he'd be quite a credible candidate for the leadership and win a General Election very comfortably. That's saying quite a lot as well.

Don’t be ridiculous. Only the tribal, backward Scots worship at the altar of Brown. Our more intelligent southern neighbours saw through him long ago. The media has told you this, silly.

Just now, Antlion said:

Don’t be ridiculous. Only the tribal, backward Scots worship at the altar of Brown. Our more intelligent southern neighbours saw through him long ago. The media has told you this, silly.

And he is blind in one eye with severe nerve damage that fucked up his facial muscles - dour one-eyed Scottish c**t.

He was a good Prime Minister (well not in the 21st century appearance way) and Chancellor. I haven't seen a coherent argument to the contrary.

Counterpoint: He wasn’t a good PM in an apparently substance first 20th century way either.

Just now, NotThePars said:

Counterpoint: He wasn’t a good PM in an apparently substance first 20th century way either.

With the immediate challenges he faced, he handled things fairly well.  I don't think many people realise just how toothless the powers western governments actually had to stop the insane banking shitfest at that time. It was all about stimulus and he played this game very well, going back to 2001 well before the collapse actually happened.  A lot of idiots like to play the whole 'he should have collapsed the banks and re-regulated the economy' as if it wouldn't have plunged hundreds of thousands of people into poverty (which would have been loved by certain characters who would further consolidate their power in this way).

The worst thing he did in his career (and probably life) was his 'deal' with Blair. He ended up being duped into playing by his rules which haunted him badly when he become a PM in his own right.