Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

Just now, doulikefish said:
7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:
Where's the issue here? I'm all for nationalising everything. The railways, energy, Greggs, the Harry Potter books...

Because in old enough to remember when loads were nationalised and they were fucking shite

Intead they're owned by other EU Countries nationalised organisations.

Intead they're owned by other EU Countries nationalised organisations.
Im assuming you mean scotrail,but abellio dont "own"scotrail they have the franchise to run it for 7 years with another 3 years on top of that if they meet certain targets
Any others??

47 minutes ago, doulikefish said:
53 minutes ago, NotThePars said:
Where's the issue here? I'm all for nationalising everything. The railways, energy, Greggs, the Harry Potter books...

Because in old enough to remember when loads were nationalised and they were fucking shite

That is without a doubt the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen you post on here.

31 minutes ago, doulikefish said:
37 minutes ago, jakedee said:

Energy Companies ?

Scottish power is owned by Iberdola but without checking im guessing they aint nationalised.Huge in the states aswell if i remember

EDF are almost 85% owned by the French State - which in 2009 was the largest producers of electricity in the world.

Edited by Antiochas III

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Just asking what "privileged" means in that context. I honestly don't know.

After googling the urban dictionary I'm still clueless.

The belief that members of particular groups, sexualities, genders, sexes, races, etc. are afforded advantages in society for being a member of said group.

The term was popularized by the regressive left and is generally used as an easy button to shut down discussions/arguments and blame others for one's own shortcomings. Achievements earned by others through hard work are dismissed as just further evidence of their privilege.

By accepting this philosophy, believers in this religion create a world where all their failures are the fault of someone else, and all the successes of others are because they possessed some inherit unfair advantage.
Bill: I can't get a decent job, I'm fat because of poor genetics, and I'm poor because of institutionalized racism. I wish I had your privilege John.

John: So your decision to screw off in school, constantly eat junk food, knock up your ex who you now have to pay child support to has nothing to do with your current situation?

Bill: John you seriously need to check your privilege.

What happened to MPs who voted against was that they got sacked... because they ignored Corbyn's very own three line whip. So why the f**k do you bring that up as if you have a point?
The rest is whataboutery. Corbyn has danced around the subject of brexit constantly and even opposed the Tories at times, and then when it's come to a vote, he's gone with them every single time, and forced his MPs to do the same.
Why are you continuing to go on this path?

Pretty much this tbh

The only argument I’ve ever seen against nationalisation of the railways is ‘I remember British Rail’. The government spends more now on railways than it ever did, and private companies pocket the returns. It defies any logic.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

I would vote for an independent Scotland outside the EU.

Just me???

1 hour ago, git-intae-thum said:

I would vote for an independent Scotland.

I would then look forward to the discussion about Scotlands own relationship with the EU.

An independent Scotland would be able to take a position on EU membership; in a post-Brexit scenario I think it would be a no brainer.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

An independent Scotland would be able to take a position on EU membership; in a post-Brexit scenario I think it would be a no brainer.

Not so sure it would be. I think (hope) that people who are looking for independence are actually looking for independence.

Outside the EU and with your own currency. To me that is the only real independence. For me, almost every argument about Brexit, you can make a similar case for independence. Borders, biggest trading relationship, currency etc. It's all very similar. 

I want a free trade agreement with free(ish) movement but without the political ties. 

Just now, Suspect Device said:

Not so sure it would be. I think (hope) that people who are looking for independence are actually looking for independence.

Outside the EU and with your own currency. To me that is the only real independence. For me, almost every argument about Brexit, you can make a similar case for independence. Borders, biggest trading relationship, currency etc. It's all very similar. 

I want a free trade agreement with free(ish) movement but without the political ties. 

I have huge issues with the EU but I completely reject the idea that membership means that member states are not autonomous, independent countries.  It's Daily Heil style bullshit tbh.

I find the demand for absolute independence to be a bit daft and the stuff of the 19th century or something tbh. The world's interconnected now and the Tories attempt to obliterate workers rights in a post-Brexit blitz shows that the politicians closer to home don't necessarily care more for you.