Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

2 hours ago, Colkitto said:

That's dreadful polling for Corbyn considering the absolute state of the Tories right now

New Kantar poll has CON ahead with LAB down on general election

CON 42

LAB 38

Interestingly apparently there's been Tory polling which has Labour comfortably ahead, with the rumour being that a lot of the pollsters are still going on 2015 models and are underestimating youth turnouts. Not sure how true that is though.

Also probably worth noting that Corbyn tends to excel when he's actually in the midst of an election period. His polling before May called this year's GE was consistently grim but once campaigning was underway he improved massively. Still...should be doing a lot better considering the current government. I wonder if his own stance leaning towards a hard Brexit's turning off some voters and driving them to the Lib Dems or to not voting. Can imagine a fair few pro-EU types will be very frustrated at the Labour's front bench's insipid opposition to a hard Tory Brexit.

Interestingly apparently there's been Tory polling which has Labour comfortably ahead, with the rumour being that a lot of the pollsters are still going on 2015 models and are underestimating youth turnouts. Not sure how true that is though.
Also probably worth noting that Corbyn tends to excel when he's actually in the midst of an election period. His polling before May called this year's GE was consistently grim but once campaigning was underway he improved massively. Still...should be doing a lot better considering the current government. I wonder if his own stance leaning towards a hard Brexit's turning off some voters and driving them to the Lib Dems or to not voting. Can imagine a fair few pro-EU types will be very frustrated at the Labour's front bench's insipid opposition to a hard Tory Brexit.

Poll probably wouldn't indicate any swing to Lib Dems tbh. Very much two party. I'd suggest the slight drop may indicate some cretins crawling back to UKip

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, NotThePars said:

Survation polls show an 8 point lead for Labour over the Tories with the gap between the parties pretty pronounced among women while half of Britons support a referendum on the final Brexit deal.

Heres  that survation poll

Westminster voting intention: LAB: 45% (+1) CON: 37% (-1) LDEM: 6% (-1) UKIP: 4% (-) GRN: 1% (-) via @Survation, 30 Nov - 01 Dec

2 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Latest Survation poll in todays' Sunday Post

Indyref2

Yes 46%

No 54%

This is roughly where I'd guess the population is on the issue right now.  Probably a slight gain for Yes since 2014, but not enough to put it over the top.  Yet.

On 03/12/2017 at 21:11, doulikefish said:

Heres  that survation poll

Westminster voting intention: LAB: 45% (+1) CON: 37% (-1) LDEM: 6% (-1) UKIP: 4% (-) GRN: 1% (-) via @Survation, 30 Nov - 01 Dec

I wonder if that’s what has shut up the hardline Tory Brexiteers.  :rolleyes: