Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

28 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Why have they waited so long to release the details of that poll? It's so far out of date that I'm not even sure it's relevant any more.

It isn't.

13 minutes ago, Kyle said:

An Ipsos Mori phone poll has labour on 40% and the Tories on 45%. The Lib Dems and Ukip are just dead to everyone. :lol: 

2nd pollster to sneak into hung parliament territory....

1 minute ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

It may be related to distance from the House?
Otherwise, the anomaly is Tim, as the others are possibly related to performance in the HoC, probably means Tim is fucking at it!

You're assuming that those figures are correct, which may be an error.

6 minutes ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

It may be related to distance from the House?
Otherwise, the anomaly is Tim, as the others are possibly related to performance in the HoC, probably means Tim is fucking at it!

3 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

You're assuming that those figures are correct, which may be an error.

It does say excluding all travel.
Is the speaker still the guy who signs off on MPs expenses?

Just now, Wee Willie said:

It does say excluding all travel.
Is the speaker still the guy who signs off on MPs expenses?

Travel wouldn't have to be included for distance from the house of commons to matter.

In any case, as long as all the expenses are legitimate expenses incurred in their role as an MP, then the actual total amount doesn't really matter.

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Travel wouldn't have to be included for distance from the house of commons to matter.

In any case, as long as all the expenses are legitimate expenses incurred in their role as an MP, then the actual total amount doesn't really matter.

fair do's but have ye forgotten a couple of years ago and the expenses scandal?
That speaker c**t signing off on their expenses.
He should be in jail but gets a fat payoff and a fat pension.

as long as all the expenses are legitimate expenses incurred in their role as an MP
Again fair do's but I'd be interested to know why MPs expenses vary so much (if travel isn't included).

I note that travel is excluded, but accommodation costs aren't. May gets a free house & Corbyn is a London MP, so can't claim for a 2nd home. Perhaps that explains the apparent anomaly?

Never mind though, it's something new for the Yoon wankbank. They aren't interested in simple rational explanations.

45 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

I note that travel is excluded, but accommodation costs aren't. May gets a free house & Corbyn is a London MP, so can't claim for a 2nd home. Perhaps that explains the apparent anomaly?

Never mind though, it's something new for the Yoon wankbank. They aren't interested in simple rational explanations.

If that's the case then presumably every SNP MP as well as the other Scots MPs are on a similar expense.
In fact surely every MP who isn't a London MP will be on the same expense.

They aren't interested in simple rational explanations.
But I am.
The simpler the better :)

Angus Robertson a whopping £41k! Scandalous! I can only assume the 3 non-SNP MP's claimed significantly less in the same period?

Alistair Carmichael £47k

Ian Murray £49k

David Mundell £50k

Oh, I see.

Edited by Spain

57 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

If that's the case then presumably every SNP MP as well as the other Scots MPs are on a similar expense.
In fact surely every MP who isn't a London MP will be on the same expense.

They aren't interested in simple rational explanations.
But I am.
The simpler the better :)

Depends on how they chose to run their constituency office, how many staff they employ etc.

13 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Depends on how they chose to run their constituency office, how many staff they employ etc.

I suppose that makes sense but surely there must be a cash limit as to how much they can claim in expenses.
If all Scots MPs are claiming £40,000-£50,000 expenses a year then they cannae be employing many staff.
Does anyone know how the expenses are broken down?

1 hour ago, Spain said:

Angus Robertson a whopping £41k! Scandalous! I can only assume the 3 non-SNP MP's claimed significantly less in the same period?

Alistair Carmichael £47k

Ian Murray £49k

David Mundell £50k

Oh, I see.

sacré bleu - worth a greenie :lol:

5 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

I suppose that makes sense but surely there must be a cash limit as to how much they can claim in expenses.
If all Scots MPs are claiming £40,000-£50,000 expenses a year then they cannae be employing many staff.
Does anyone know how the expenses are broken down?

They're allowed up to £22,760 per year for rent in London, £24,000 for office costs (outside of London) and £150,000 in staff (again outside of London).

This link lets you see the spending breakdowns for every MP:

http://www.theipsa.org.uk/mp-costs/interactive-map/

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

Alistair Carmichael £47k
Ian Murray £49k
David Mundell £50k
Oh, I see.

I'm sure someone went to demand Salmond's was to be investigated as his expenses was really high.

Turned out parliament told him he required additional security in London as a former FM as the risk to his life was higher than other MP's.