Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

SNP will get 50+ seats

They might, but I can't see it. They won't win any of the 3 seats they don't currently have, they'll almost certainly lose Edinburgh West, Berwickshire, Dumfries and Aberdeenshire. Which gives a margin of 3 to get over 50. It's doable, but the vote needs to turn out and the unionist vote needs to split kindly in some places too.

9 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I'd add at least 3 North East seats (Aberdeen South, Aberdeenshire and Moray), Perth (North Perthshire more than the South), the the other border seat you've missed out and possibly a couple of others in Edinburgh as being in play.

At least 10, probably more, seats the SNP currently hold in play I'd say. The SNP will be able to rely on a couple of % bump in some places where the greens aren't standing though.

I'd agree as well that some of the left leaning SNP voters may be tempted by labour's offer. 

Even if the SNP lose 10 or so seats (which I still think is unlikely) that can't be cast as a failure. They'll still hold 4/5ths of the seats in Scotland and will comfortably win the election.

6 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

SNP will get 50+ seats

I looked at betting odds tonight on each constituency and 50+ would be an exceptional result. Personally think mid to high 40's but who really knows in todays climate.

re Moray, speaking to Angus Robertsons team they're pretty confident of victory, over 9,000 majority etc. There haven't been any Scotland specific polls for a while, be interesting to see what the latest standings are, as the Tories are having a disastrous campaign imo. 

Edited by Londonwell

I think those numbers are almost ideal for the Tories, to be honest. Labour not closing in enough for them to be at any real risk of losing, but they give enough scope for the Tories to get out their vote and encourage people not to risk voting for a Labour MP under the presumption that Labour will definitely be heavily beaten anyway and Corbyn will be swiftly replaced. 

I think those numbers are almost ideal for the Tories, to be honest. Labour not closing in enough for them to be at any real risk of losing, but they give enough scope for the Tories to get out their vote and encourage people not to risk voting for a Labour MP under the presumption that Labour will definitely be heavily beaten anyway and Corbyn will be swiftly replaced. 

Piss off with the sober analysis and jump aboard the Corbyn Express. [emoji443] Ohhhh Jeremy Corbyn [emoji443]

11 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Any Scottish only?

Haven't seen any yet.

Edit: latest poll tracker from yesterday has SNP on 56 seats. That's some meltdown from...er, 56 seats.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/elections-2017-poll-tracker-conservatives-labour-support-votes-lead-points-party-win-lose-a7749546.html

Edited by Crùbag

4 minutes ago, Sooky said:

IMG_1495962636.104643.jpg

For what it's worth, I don't really believe any of those seat projections.

Just saw that. Done via Survey Monkey and was derided by the those on GMS this morning - from different parties.

Sub samples from larger polls are unreliable.

Survey Monkey is what people use wine they spam the forums in here looking for help with their college projects.

Meaningless.

Don't know if you're referring to this poll or not, but should point out this has a sample size of nearly 2000.

11 minutes ago, Sooky said:

IMG_1495962636.104643.jpg

For what it's worth, I don't really believe any of those seat projections.

I'll eat your boxers if the Tories get 17 seats.

Also, they were hailed as being one of the only pollsters to get the 2015 result nearly spot on.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/fivethirtyeight.com/features/surveymonkey-was-the-other-winner-of-the-u-k-election/amp/

IMG_1495963646.885798.jpg

Again, not saying I believe those seat predictions, but I don't think the % can just be dismissed.

11 minutes ago, Sooky said:

Also, they were hailed as being one of the only pollsters to get the 2015 result nearly spot on.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/fivethirtyeight.com/features/surveymonkey-was-the-other-winner-of-the-u-k-election/amp/

IMG_1495963646.885798.jpg

Again, not saying I believe those seat predictions, but I don't think the % can just be dismissed.

They also called Clinton over Trump by 8 points and Remain over leave, all be it narrowly, and in fact called a big swing to remain in the day before the referendum.

Edited by Shades75

6 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

They also called Clinton over Trump by 8 points and Remain over leave, all be it narrowly, and in fact called a big swing to remain in the day before the referendum.

If all the pollsters throw enough shite around eventually some of it will land in the right place.