Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

16 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

There's an Opinium Scottish subsample showing SNP 46% Labour 26% Tories 22%.

I have no idea of the numbers involved in the sample.

Unionist vote doing musical chairs again it seems. Fine by me.

My gut instinct is that Labour in Scotland, if they are to gain votes from anywhere, are more likely to take from left-leaning SNP (or Green) 2015/2016 voters than Tory 2015/2016 voters - especially if a fairly large chunk of these Tory voters are now primarily deciding their allegiance along constitutional lines. Obviously hopeful that Scottish Labour's incompetence will prevent such a transfer, mind. Ideal situation is that section of the electorate being split between Scottish Labour and the Tories as a result of those two parties attempting to out-Unionist each other and giving the SNP the best chance of victory under FPTP, particularly in seats like East Renfrewshire and East Dunbartonshire. 

4 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Yes.

I don't like fucking ****. 

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You'll never know until you try..

1 minute ago, Londonwell said:

Glug glug glug.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

What you drinking?

Oh dear.  Can't one make an opium/opinium gag without the brain drain kicking in?

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Oh dear.  Can't one make an opium/opinium gag without the brain drain kicking in?

Try not quoting yourself in a post you are accusing people of brain drain and you may come across less drunk. 

2 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Try not quoting yourself in a post you are accusing people of brain drain and you may come across less drunk. 

Sober advice from you.  Shame it's nonsensical.  Try again.  Use English this time.

11 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

That pretty much sums up the state of play. That would leave only the likes of the Borders seat, East Lothian, Edinburgh West and Dunbartonshire East as probable SNP losses due to scope for a lot of pro-Union tactical voting and a relatively weak base of SNP support. The other angle is that if Labour gets to be competitive south of the border as is starting to be the case Labour voters have to seriously consider the possibility that the SNP beating the Tories in their constituency can help get rid of Theresa May in a hung parliament. It's much easier to make a statement where the Union is concerned when it is likely to have no effect whatsoever on the overall outcome.

I'd add at least 3 North East seats (Aberdeen South, Aberdeenshire and Moray), Perth (North Perthshire more than the South), the the other border seat you've missed out and possibly a couple of others in Edinburgh as being in play. The local SNP branch have been pretty vocal about how much they dislike Paul Monaghan in the Highlands, the lib dems will fancy their chances in Fife North East as well... The Tories in Angus.

At least 10, probably more, seats the SNP currently hold in play I'd say. The SNP will be able to rely on a couple of % bump in some places where the greens aren't standing though.

I'd agree as well that some of the left leaning SNP voters may be tempted by labour's offer. 

Even if the SNP lose 10 or so seats (which I still think is unlikely) that can't be cast as a failure. They'll still hold 4/5ths of the seats in Scotland and will comfortably win the election.

Edited by Kyle

I'd add at least 3 North East seats (Aberdeen South, Aberdeenshire and Moray), Perth (North Perthshire more than the South), the the other border seat you've missed out and possibly a couple of others in Edinburgh as being in play. The local SNP branch have been pretty vocal about how much they dislike Paul Monaghan in the Highlands, the lib dems will fancy their chances in Fife North East as well... The Tories in Angus.
At least 10, probably more, seats the SNP currently hold in play I'd say. The SNP will be able to rely on a couple of % bump in some places where the greens aren't standing though.
I'd agree as well that some of the left leaning SNP voters may be tempted by labour's offer. 

Even if the SNP lose 10 or so seats (which I still think is unlikely) that can't be cast as a failure. They'll still hold 4/5ths of the seats in Scotland and will comfortably win the election.

SNP will get 50+ seats