ESPN 30 for 30

Dindeleux

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favs are The U, Pony Excess, You Don't Know Bo, Youngstown Boys, Requiem for the Big East, Brothers in Exile, Of Miracles and Men, The Gospel According to Mac, Four Falls of Buffalo, Fantastic Lies, Believeland, Catholics vs Convicts.

The Dan and Dave podcast was a great nostalgic trip for me because the 92 Olympics are the first that I can remember and that marketing campaign is seared into my head.

These 30 on 30 documentaries are fantastic,  last one i watched was the Lakers v Celtics rivalry fantastic watch.  There was also one i watched a while back it was to do with baseball cant remember which one but it was to do with some fan who tried to catch the ball and it ended up costing the series and he was in hiding for years.  with the magic of good "Catching Hell" Steve Bartman

1 hour ago, paisleysaints said:

These 30 on 30 documentaries are fantastic,  last one i watched was the Lakers v Celtics rivalry fantastic watch.  There was also one i watched a while back it was to do with baseball cant remember which one but it was to do with some fan who tried to catch the ball and it ended up costing the series and he was in hiding for years.  with the magic of good "Catching Hell" Steve Bartman

Bartman pretty much had his life ruined after catching that ball. Wasn't helped by the fielder reacting badly, an error from the shortstop shortly afterwards and then the Cubs manager throwing the game away by not changing a tiring pitcher. On the plus side, he got given a World Series ring when the Cubs did win it all in 2016.

They auctioned the bartman ball and a restaurant in Chicago bought it, gave it the electric chair (literally) and then put the bits into a pasta sauce that Cubs fans could eat.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived