Morton v Ayr utd

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

In our last five games we have lost to three of the bottom four teams and drawn twice with the champions. Surely we can't lose again tomorrow? :unsure:

In two of the three we have lost between them we have struck woodwork 6/7 times and had a goal disallowed in mysterious circumstances.   I missed the Raith game due to a family wedding so no comment but the Dumbarton loss on another day could easily have been 2/3/4 one to us.

Should these two clubs consider merging into a new club called Seaside United?

They may actually be able to then win a trophy and the name would fit nicely due to the current location of both clubs and the divisions that they historically play in.

3 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

They may actually be able to then win a trophy and the name would fit nicely due to the current location of both clubs and the divisions that they historically play in.

^^^ scrambling for relevance

4 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Team should be called Greenock Ayrton imo.

We scored 4 goals in the last Ayr game... but we've scored the same total in our last 8 games. Is Oliver suddenly going to get his mojo back for this one or are we looking for somebody else to take the lead ?  I'm hoping McDonagh can give us a bit of a spark tomorrow and I'd love to see Nesbitt coming up with more of an end product. Obviously any kind of win will do tomorrow but I think we need a lift if we're going to do anything in the playoffs. Ayr will clearly have other ideas - and we seem to do better against the top half teams for some reason. Pivotal game for both sides.

30 minutes ago, GavMan_AUFC_1910 said:

I see the bookies have Morton to win the game at a shorter price than Ayr to score a goal, which tbh I think is fair enough!

We've scored in our all of our last 6 away games. 

See that Morton are allowing drums into the ground tomorrow, would be great if we could get one in the away end.

There is a few trumpets in the home end too.

Archived