Morton v Ayr utd

Got a ticket for the Ciardo gig but I am going to head up in the car so I can be back down the road sharpish. Free busses always remind me of the last day at Firhill in 1998, same scoreline for the away team please!

I'm glad we are getting to stand in the cowshed, the seggie fence in the eighties/early nineties was always good fun. A repeat of the 4-3 comeback game would be most welcome!

1-0 Ayr in a nail biter.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hope you're right but Morton seem to be in the middle of trumping all their previous feats of 'bottling it' by going from title contenders to missing out on the playoffs in the space of a month.

Shut up dog breath [emoji190]

Brilliant if wee get the terracing open instead of the daft seated stand .....think on my trips to morton the ayr fans have been housed everywhere in that ground particularly remember a certain glynn hurst scoring 5 and we were stood in behind goal opposite the dublin end .....really like cappielow .traditional football ground ....no like st middens lego effort ....also remember getting put out ground for being a drunk wee dick and watching the scores come in the pub the game finished morton 0-ayr utd 4 ...

Any other team in the relegation battle would be certain to turn over a Morton team that has downed tools for the season. But as its Ayr United playing a high-stakes game (for them) at the Theatre of Dreams, they'll fold like a Ukrainian deckchair as usual. 

2-1.

48 minutes ago, virginton said:

Any other team in the relegation battle would be certain to turn over a Morton team that has downed tools for the season. But as its Ayr United playing a high-stakes game (for them) at the Theatre of Dreams, they'll fold like a Ukrainian deckchair as usual. 

2-1.

We are going to score?  Never realised Morton had become this bad. 

4 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Brilliant if wee get the terracing open instead of the daft seated stand .....think on my trips to morton the ayr fans have been housed everywhere in that ground particularly remember a certain glynn hurst scoring 5 and we were stood in behind goal opposite the dublin end .....really like cappielow .traditional football ground ....no like st middens lego effort ....also remember getting put out ground for being a drunk wee dick and watching the scores come in the pub the game finished morton 0-ayr utd 4 ...

Well that was in 2006 not as good as your 0 - 6 score from 2001.

But the game that keeps haunting me is the 2-3 loss in 1983 when we were two up with 10 mins to go and Unt put three in the top corner.

I have never felt safe until the final whistle has blown v Ayr.

Less of those nightmares I see us back in the grove and handing out a 3 - 1 doing, pity I like trips to Ayr.

23 hours ago, paulbrucerick said:

Got a ticket for the Ciardo gig but I am going to head up in the car so I can be back down the road sharpish. Free busses always remind me of the last day at Firhill in 1998, same scoreline for the away team please!

I'm glad we are getting to stand in the cowshed, the seggie fence in the eighties/early nineties was always good fun. A repeat of the 4-3 comeback game would be most welcome!

1-0 Ayr in a nail biter.

That 4-3 game - I was on my tea-break in Woolies and heard the radio say we'd gone 3-1 up. Went back to the shop floor feeling confident. Then one of the week staff who worked as a steward at Scapa came in and told me Ayr had won 4-3 - I genuinely thought he was kidding me. Spoke to my mates later and they said that it was typical McGraw "hold on" fare - as soon as Ayr got their second it was seemingly obvious that they'd go on to win.

1-0 Ayr in a nail biter.

That big streak of pish Greg Shaw (I think) terrorised us that day.

Based on previous away games this year, I reckon we are looking at taking probably 400 - 600 max.

If there was any sort of confidence within the fans we'd probably take another 200 or so on top but I think everyone is going in hope more than expectation.

Archived