Morton v Ayr utd

A big game for both teams this weekend. A win for us and a play off place is secure. A win for Ayr puts them right back in amongst it for the bottom play off place.

Someone posted on twitter that the seperation mesh is in place and the far end of the shed on might be open for visiting fans on saturday.

Gaston

Doyle kilday O'Ware lamie

Forbes tidser murdoch nesbitt

Scullion

Oliver

Morton 2

Ayr 1

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

For the 2nd week running I fear they'll let us down.

Nah, you've nothing to worry about here.  The club are financing 5 supporters buses to this match for Ayr supporters.  Normally when we have a big crowd at a big game the teams arse collapses.  I expect more of the same here.

It's got a similar feel to 7 years ago.  Not sure on every detail, but from memory it was the last game of the season, a win for either team meant Championship survival.  Morton won the game, we went down, 2 young lads had a square go on the pitch.  Obviously this time around Morton have moved on considerably & are at the business end of the table, whereas we have not moved on & find ourselves in a similar situation. 

2 minutes ago, Ayr_United_1910 said:

Nah, you've nothing to worry about here.  The club are financing 5 supporters buses to this match for Ayr supporters.  Normally when we have a big crowd at a big game the teams arse collapses.  I expect more of the same here.

It's got a similar feel to 7 years ago.  Not sure on every detail, but from memory it was the last game of the season, a win for either team meant Championship survival.  Morton won the game, we went down, 2 young lads had a square go on the pitch.  Obviously this time around Morton have moved on considerably & are at the business end of the table, whereas we have not moved on & find ourselves in a similar situation. 

Hope you're right but Morton seem to be in the middle of trumping all their previous feats of 'bottling it' by going from title contenders to missing out on the playoffs in the space of a month.

1 minute ago, irvine_buddie said:

Hope you're right but Morton seem to be in the middle of trumping all their previous feats of 'bottling it' by going from title contenders to missing out on the playoffs in the space of a month.

We were never title contenders.

Just f*cking win Morton, please. There's still a decent chance of us getting 2nd with Falkirk and Dundee Utd having difficult games on the same day.

16 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Absolutely no chance we are taking 5 busses through btw.

3 full busses at the moment, on to the 4th.

This is a win or bust game and the Board have recognised this and are subsidising 5 free busses however I'm not convinced the away crowd will be that much larger than usual as the 'Viva La Ciardo' fundraiser is on at the Town hall so a lot of regulars will be missing it aswell as it being Scottish Grand National weekend. However hopefully we take a big enough crowd to get the Wee Dublin End open.

I'd line up:

Fleming

Boyle

Meggatt

Balatoni

Devlin

McGuffie

Docherty

Cairney

Harkins

Forrest

Moore

Subs- Hart, Rose, Murphy, Crawford, McDaid, Gilmour,  El Alagui

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

This is a win or bust game and the Board have recognised this and are subsidising 5 free busses however I'm not convinced the away crowd will be that much larger than usual as the 'Viva La Ciardo' fundraiser is on at the Town hall so a lot of regulars will be missing it aswell as it being Scottish Grand National weekend. However hopefully we take a big enough crowd to get the Wee Dublin End open.

Harkins at left-wing looks excellent for us. Doyle would tear him a new one for pace. I highly doubt you'll have the WDE open. Ayr fans will likely be placed in the far end of the Cowshed after all the required works have now been completed for away fans to be there each game. 

I'd line up:

Fleming

Boyle
Meggatt
Balatoni
Devlin

McGuffie
Docherty
Cairney
Harkins

Forrest
Moore

Subs- Hart, Rose, Murphy, Crawford, McDaid, Gilmour,  El Alagui

No Harkins out wide please! Farid has also been far more effective than Moore every time I've seen either.

I would probably play a midfield four of Crawford, Cairney, Docherty and Forrest with Harkins in behind Farid.

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

No Harkins out wide please! Farid has also been far more effective than Moore every time I've seen either.

This, this and this again.

Would also be tempted to play Rose or Murphy instead of Boyle.

4 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Harkins at left-wing looks excellent for us. Doyle would tear him a new one for pace. I highly doubt you'll have the WDE open. Ayr fans will likely be placed in the far end of the Cowshed after all the required works have now been completed for away fans to be there each game.

Excuse my ignorance but what part of the ground the Cowshed? The bit directly acorss from the away section of the main stand?

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Excuse my ignorance but what part of the ground the Cowshed? The bit directly acorss from the away section of the main stand?

Yes that's where you'll be. It's all standing though so I'd imagine the away end of the main stand will remain open as well.

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The full stand yes. 

Archived