French Presidential Election

Arabdownunder

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That and LePen get run over by a taxi would be a pleasing result.

I say taxi rather than bus as I have traveled in a taxi in Paris and realise this could be both wonderful and not out of the ordinary.

I've driven in France, crazy, crazy b*****ds...

...A cyclist there would probably be enough to take her out.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Le Pen's only real chance was if Fillon made the run off, so we should be grateful he hasn't fluked it. She was never polled ahead of him, but was within striking distance.Looks a bit like Melenchon's late surge has dented her support in the first round. 

Macron should win the run off without too much difficulty.  

For all the FN talk, I think it's notable they've barely improved on what her da got in 2002.

Oh, and the two established parties on barely over a quarter of the vote is quite something.

French interior ministry has Le Pen on 25.1% and Macron on 21.3% from votes counted so far, but it's expected to narrow as some larger city counts come in later.

The euro has jumped, which may seem odd at first considering Le Pen is going through. Can only assume it was pricing in the risk of Le Pen/Melenchon.

I knew that Macron had married his former teacher, but I did not realise that his parents attempted to split them up by sending him to another school and that they warned her off him until he was at least 18. I presumed that their paths had crossed when Macron was an adult and that they got together from there. That is quite something. 

32 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I knew that Macron had married his former teacher, but I did not realise that his parents attempted to split them up by sending him to another school and that they warned her off him until he was at least 18. I presumed that their paths had crossed when Macron was an adult and that they got together from there. That is quite something. 

Image result for nice gif

42 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Macron is only 39!! His wife is 63!!! This is salmond esc.

Does anyone know if she is fat?

Just seen her there for the first time. I can see the attraction as she's alright....

Archived