Caledonian Braves (previously Edusport Academy)

Baxter's Nutmeg

3 hours ago, Goalie Hamish said:

The whole thing is a crazy publicity stunt and its a damning indictment of the poor pyramid structure that they can even get to the Lowland League in the first place. Media giving it too much coverage.

What Hamish said. The other thing is, the business model entails getting young middle class French players over to pay to learn English and play football. They’d surely have to abandon that to get a better class of player. Stirling Uni have gone down the road of signing freed apprentices from English clubs on a scholarship  to become PE teachers, arguably a better plan, and so far it’s only got them one EOSL title.

10 hours ago, Bridgeton Clyde Boy said:

Seen Edusport come up twice now sayin the chairman wants them in the Scottish Premier by 2025, if I was him I’d just keep my mouth shut seems a bit unrealistic to me.. do they have any supporters ? sounds like a very irrelevant club and I hope they go bust 

aye, club chairmen and their pie in the sky ideas, eh?  :rolleyes:

"Clyde chairman, Norrie Innes said: "The Board has just completed a rigorous appointment process and Jim was one of a most impressive list of candidates interested in the post. "Jim progressed immediately to the shortlist stage and at this point the Board were challenged in their considerations, as the candidates certainly were, in their respective ways, very different. It was an essential requirement that the manager meets the necessary criteria, but also, beyond that, has the core human qualities that will help to shape the footballing and social culture at the club.
 "Over the years, Jim has contributed a lot to the game and sport in general and this has largely been within the environment of the very demanding lower leagues. He now has the appetite for a fresh challenge. Jim has left Annan Athletic - and the many good people at a fine club - to help Clyde progress to a higher level. He demonstrated a very strong desire to join Clyde and this was very important to us. "Jim is looking forward to working closely with myself and the Board, as we are with him, on the challenge of rebuilding the squad for the season ahead. Step by step, we will use our best endeavours to make real and sustainable progress on the footballing side. We all know that winning three points is the oxygen to so many things within and around the club and that is what we will focus on."

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

aye, club chairmen and their pie in the sky ideas, eh?  :rolleyes:

"Clyde chairman, Norrie Innes said: "The Board has just completed a rigorous appointment process and Jim was one of a most impressive list of candidates interested in the post. "Jim progressed immediately to the shortlist stage and at this point the Board were challenged in their considerations, as the candidates certainly were, in their respective ways, very different. It was an essential requirement that the manager meets the necessary criteria, but also, beyond that, has the core human qualities that will help to shape the footballing and social culture at the club.
 "Over the years, Jim has contributed a lot to the game and sport in general and this has largely been within the environment of the very demanding lower leagues. He now has the appetite for a fresh challenge. Jim has left Annan Athletic - and the many good people at a fine club - to help Clyde progress to a higher level. He demonstrated a very strong desire to join Clyde and this was very important to us. "Jim is looking forward to working closely with myself and the Board, as we are with him, on the challenge of rebuilding the squad for the season ahead. Step by step, we will use our best endeavours to make real and sustainable progress on the footballing side. We all know that winning three points is the oxygen to so many things within and around the club and that is what we will focus on."

And your point is ? where are meadowbank mate ? dead. 

so funny how everyone in that diddy wee league hate Clyde :P

18 hours ago, Bridgeton Clyde Boy said:

And your point is ? where are meadowbank mate ? dead. 

so funny how everyone in that diddy wee league hate Clyde :P

my point is that you're only bitter because EDU thought of this scam before Clyde's board did! 

• 3 months later...
For anyone interested Edusport will be changing their team name for next season. It's down to members to vote for either:
Glasgow Utd FC
Alliance FC
Caledonian Crusaders 
Belive it or not Strathletico FC almost made that final 3 shortlist :lol:

Annan Utd FC surely [emoji12]

Never get why some people get annoyed by Edu Sports or BSC Glasgow, should they be in the 5th tier probably not but the Juniors didn’t want to play 6 years ago. Both have played the game and are there on merit. Once the Juniors work their way up these two will no doubt fall baring a sugar daddy takeover. I see no problem with any new teams as every club had to start somewhere.

On 21 May 2018 at 01:43, San Starko Rover said:

Annan Utd FC surely emoji12.png

Never get why some people get annoyed by Edu Sports or BSC Glasgow, should they be in the 5th tier probably not but the Juniors didn’t want to play 6 years ago. Both have played the game and are there on merit. Once the Juniors work their way up these two will no doubt fall baring a sugar daddy takeover. I see no problem with any new teams as every club had to start somewhere.

Is that another way of saying good luck to them but who gives an eff if they fail?

6 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

For anyone interested Edusport will be changing their team name for next season. It's down to members to vote for either:

Glasgow Utd FC

Alliance FC

Caledonian Crusaders 

Glasgow United is just daft unless they've got firm plans to play in Glasgow next year. If that ends up winning you might as well hold off a name change until the first year you play in the city.

Just go for Strathclyde Athletic and Strathletico can be the nickname we have for them.

Glasgow Utd FC
Alliance FC
Caledonian Crusaders 
Belive it or not Strathletico FC almost made that final 3 shortlist [emoji38]
Strathletico FC is by far better than all 3 names listed above.

10 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

Glasgow Utd FC

Alliance FC

Caledonian Crusaders 

Embarrassing :lol:

Is it known yet where Edusport are playing out of next season? I‘d assume somewhere in Glasgow given its on the name shortlist. If so I'd guess a groundshare with someone, maybe Petershill or Benburb?

4 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Indeed.

"Allez l'Alliance!" roar the crowd* at their matches.

*average crowd 1295? ;)

Auld Alliance for me, otherwise it sounds like they've been sponsored by an insurance company or something. Either that or Joan of Arc FC.