Now is not the time....

git-intae-thum

Theresa May......"I say now is not the time and the reason I say that is because all our energies should be being put into the negotiations with the EU to make sure we get the right deal."

PM Theresa May announces a snap general election.

wtf.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Theresa May......"I say now is not the time and the reason I say that is because all our energies should be being put into the negotiations with the EU to make sure we get the right deal."

PM Theresa May announces a snap general election.

wtf.

She's a politician and a woman, ffs...

3 hours ago, sparky88 said:

Remember when the SNP said a referendum was once on a generation then said they were holding one 2.5 years later? 

Remember when the Tories couldn't stop banging on about it?  Obviously they wouldn't be as hypocritical...

Remember when the SNP said a referendum was once on a generation then said they were holding one 2.5 years later? 

Could you please point to a manifesto or some sort of official party release that contains such a statement?

The SNP said no such thing, you swivel eyed simpleton.

Is anyone genuinely surprised at this hypocrisy?  Cameron gave the country a vote on Europe because he was concerned for the impact of UKIP and right wingers in his own rank on the Tory Party and because he was convinced Remain would win; he knew leaving Europe would be a disaster but was willing to take the gamble for narrow party political reasons.

May is doing exactly the same thing even though her hypocrisy is clear to see.  She won't take part in any televised debates during the campaign. Why?  Because she would be torn to shreds, she would be unable to answer simple, key questions.  By oppossing a second Independence Referendum whilst calling a GE shows her attitude to Scotland as one of total disdain.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Is anyone genuinely surprised at this hypocrisy?  Cameron gave the country a vote on Europe because he was concerned for the impact of UKIP and right wingers in his own rank on the Tory Party and because he was convinced Remain would win; he knew leaving Europe would be a disaster but was willing to take the gamble for narrow party political reasons.

May is doing exactly the same thing even though her hypocrisy is clear to see.  She won't take part in any televised debates during the campaign. Why?  Because she would be torn to shreds, she would be unable to answer simple, key questions.  By oppossing a second Independence Referendum whilst calling a GE shows her attitude to Scotland as one of total disdain.

She'll know Labour have next to no chance of winning, plus the next scheduled election was one year after Brexit, so why not hold a General Election now, even if Brexit is a disaster there will be no chance of getting voted out in 2020, and by 2022 the dust may have settled so to speak.

Material change in Scotland's circumstances.  What specifically has changed from the multiple and repeated assertions that May wouldn't call an election before 2020.

There are some proper snivelling tory c***s on p and b. 

To be fair, I'm not really sure Cameron could have avoided offering one. I think the worry was a challenge by another wing of the party and it was inevitable to happen if they took a majority.

It was his shitebaggery during the campaign and an almost half arsed approach with no orders to draft up plans that was irresponsible.

The Tory party is simply power mad to ensure they look after their own.

Anyone buying the we will govern for all the people really are naive.

She will get her landslide and you can rewind to the Thatchers years and the I'm all right Jack mentality.

They turn my stomach

1 hour ago, jupe1407 said:

Could you please point to a manifesto or some sort of official party release that contains such a statement?

Alex salmond said it, does that mean if Nicola sturgeon says something about holding a referendum we can just ignore it? 

Archived