Wee Bert Loach

tombo

Sad news on hearing that a former long serving  official of the club had died earlier this afternoon.

Wee Bert Loach,who was on the committee for over 40 years,had been on life support since last week after failing to overcome a recent bout of pneumonia. 

The Vics family has lost one of its most famous sons, love him or loathe him, the club would not still be in existence, if not for this tenacious wee character.

Deepest condolences to the Loach family.

T

14 minutes ago, tombo said:

Sad news on hearing that a former long serving  official of the club had died earlier this afternoon.

Wee Bert Loach,who was on the committee for over 40 years,had been on life support since last week after failing to overcome a recent bout of pneumonia. 

The Vics family has lost one of its most famous sons, love him or loathe him, the club would not still be in existence, if not for this tenacious wee character.

Deepest condolences to the Loach family.

T

Could you PM me funeral details when you get them please?

Thanks

Sad news

I know I can say from everyone at Ardrossan that Bert was a great loss to the game when he left Irvine Vics a couple of years ago following his retirement from NAC. At times he could be a narky wee man, but there was no doubt that he devoted his life to the Vics. He also provided lengthy service to the Ayrshire and West Region in management committee roles although he did appear in front of them on a number of occasions! RIP Bert and deepest sympathy to his family and the Irvine Vics family 

Provisional date for Bert's funeral is as follows;

11:00 on the 4th of May @ Fullarton Parish Church and then on to Holmsfordbridge Crematorium for about 12:00.

N.B. for those who don't know, the Fullarton Parish Church is the large church that sits next to the roundabout as you head to Victoria Park.

T

Archived