Peterhead v Stenny

47 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I genuinely couldn't fault Stenhousemuir for their lack of effort and I thought everyone tried their hardest and worked tirelessly for the team, but the quality was lacking. As I mentioned above, the only bit of decent play in the whole match was the build-up to Oli Shaw's shot midway through the first half.

I can't remember any of the Stenny players being particularly petulant. I don't think anyone was petulant, come to think of it, and that says something given Rory McAllister's track record. The referee was pretty poor throughout and I think he made a number of weird calls against both sides.

I'm not sure where you were sitting but Rory had a go at a couple of the supporters instead of the ref.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Diamond Oracle said:

While we're all (well, Strichener is) criticising Cesc here I would like to chime in and say that your input is generally superb on here, however the fact that you type your team line ups upside down is deeply distressing.

That'll be all.

Now, Now there ain't no need for that.  I see it as constructive. :lol:

As I have posted a few times, FF is one of the few posters on here where I read his posts and were it not for the use of "we" and "us", I wouldn't generally be able to tell which team he was supporting.  I do think he got a little carried away at this match though but given Stenny's position coming in to the tie, perhaps it is forgiveable.

23 hours ago, strichener said:

Two very poor teams playing very poor football.  If either team claimed that this was 100% effort then they both deserve to get relegated TBH.  

It's two different situations though, surely? Peterhead have a good budget and some fine players and probably hoped to have a crack at the promotion play-offs. McInally (who you should have punted before now) is doing a poor job. 

Stenny have a reduced budget and have been scrapping all season to stay in touch. A battling 1-0 away win for them in such a crunch game is clearly a massive result. I can see why you are disillusioned, but equally why Cesc and co are delighted by their own team's fight. Would be a fine achievement if Stenny manage to stay up this season.

19 minutes ago, Waspie said:

It's two different situations though, surely? Peterhead have a good budget and some fine players and probably hoped to have a crack at the promotion play-offs. McInally (who you should have punted before now) is doing a poor job. 

Stenny have a reduced budget and have been scrapping all season to stay in touch. A battling 1-0 away win for them in such a crunch game is clearly a massive result. I can see why you are disillusioned, but equally why Cesc and co are delighted by their own team's fight. Would be a fine achievement if Stenny manage to stay up this season.

Yes, this perfectly encapsulates why I was so happy about Stenhousemuir's performance on Saturday. Anything other than win would have sent us packing into League 2 so to make such a long journey and scrap for three vital points was tremendous.

23 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Yes, this perfectly encapsulates why I was so happy about Stenhousemuir's performance on Saturday. Anything other than win would have sent us packing into League 2 so to make such a long journey and scrap for three vital points was tremendous.

To be fair I thought Stenny worked hard on Saturday and were getting to the ball quicker than our players, albeit you are lacking in quality. Even in just the highlights you can see the players closing down as soon as our player got on the ball. In contrast look at the space your no.3 had in the lead up to goal and how our entire team switches off to the loose ball.

You have every right to be happy with the performance and the points. (just don't try and tell me again that Scott "Elbows & Headbutts" Ross is a footballer :P).

Archived