Peterhead v Stenny

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CEMSFC said:

Where you seing this?

Been told its the usual prices!

Actually, I have seen it. Forgot that Peterhead never update their website.

Fair play to them, hopefully get a big attendance for a big game.

1 minute ago, CEMSFC said:

Actually, I have seen it. Forgot that Peterhead never update their website.

Fair play to them, hopefully get a big attendance for a big game.

It was just announced when i posted it,website will probably be updated sometime next week

Just now, doulikefish said:

It was just announced when i posted it,website will probably be updated sometime next week

Yeah, Stenny are the same most of the time. 

I remember Brechin done the same thing when we played them a few years ago and that was a big crowd. Hopefully the same.

Do or die time this Saturday - we have to go at them from the kick off. Team selection will be very important. If we go 4-4-2 Summers and Meechan to full back Duthie and Willis on the wings. Robertson up front with Shaw off him with Carlos in midfiled with Miller if Berry is unavailable. There is no way Gilhaney can be in that team on Saturday and I would consider McMenamen only for the bench. Anything other than a full bloodied performance will be unacceptable. If we are losing then throw caution to the wind and really go at them.

Fear McAllister will be our Nemisis.

I'm tempting fate here but Rory McAllister hasn't actually been all the effective against us this season; if anything, he's actually been a great help. He scored an own goal in the 2-0 win at Balmoor on Boxing Day and he was sent off for swearing at the referee when we beat them at the start of March. I think it's fair to say the big man hasn't really had a great year - from reading the various reports on this forum, he seems to spend more and more of his time falling over and appealing for phantom fouls. If he's missing on Saturday, great, if not, I wouldn't be all that worried. Fraser Kerr and David Marsh seem to have his number. Come to think of it, we've taken seven points from a possible nine against Peterhead this season.

It's certainly an interesting game in store. We have to win this match - anything else and we're relegated - but despite our recent poor run, I'm reasonably confident going into it. We have players that can hurt the Blue Toon and as long as they're on form and have the fire in their bellies we stand a chance. I wouldn't be as gung-ho in my team selection as "Moonglum25" - it would be irresponsible to stick all our attackers on the pitch and hope for the best - but I would like to see some of the changes he's suggested. Given that we're likely to be missing Vinnie Berry and Alan Cook, how about we go with:

- Robertson - Shaw -

- Furtado - Millar - Meechan - Duthie -

- Summers - Marsh - Kerr - McCormack -

- Bowman - 

With Berry missing and Stephen Stirling unfit, the only player we have that can really step in there is Ross Meechan. He's more of a destroyer than anything else but he'll always give you a phenomenal effort. This does mean bringing Jamie McCormack back into the team, which would be a risk given how wretched he was against Stranraer a couple of weeks ago. Or maybe Bomber might stick with Robertson at full-back - he was largely excellent there against Livingston and the manager might be loathe to change it about - and put Colin McMenamin up top. Maybe he'll go with the same starting XI that were beaten at the weekend. I don't know.

I'll be heading up for the match. I've never been to Balmoor before so this seems like the ideal time to experience it. I've never seen Stenhousemuir relegated before - I started really getting into the team after they dropped into the old Third Division in 2004 - so if (or when, more likely) it happens, I don't know what to expect. I thought we'd get relegated at the start of the season so to be scrapping for our lives is what I expected come this stage but all the little moments, the positive results, the good runs of form, the win over East Fife a fortnight ago, make it seem a lot harder to take. You can handle being pish - fundamentally, that's what supporting a lower-league side is about - but it's the hope that kills you.

37 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Hopefully we get a big attendance on Sat, not that the team particularly deserve it. Smith or Hobday in goals? I'd be happier with Hobday.
If Mcallister is suspended we're pretty goals light.

I have said before we haven't played well enough this season to deserve to stay up, but I will be there anyway! A win here and at least it would put things into our own hands so hoping the team can prove they deserve to stay up.

Might try and drag a couple of neutrals along as well who may be tempted by the cheap entry and a pint. Not sure there is much between Hobday and Smith, other than I think Hobday's kicking is better and he is a bit quicker at playing the ball out.

As for goals, that will depend who we play up front. I don't know who he will start as Smith and Mcintosh have hardly played. Hopefully not Jordan Brown!!

3 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

You can handle being pish - fundamentally, that's what supporting a lower-league side is about - but it's the hope that kills you.

This epitomises everything I enjoy about supporting a lower league team. I think it's what makes the victories even more enjoyable. 

Agree with pretty much everything else you said although if berry isn't available I'd be more inclined to use Meeks or Robertson at full back over McCormack although robertson isn't a defender and I'd much rather see him up top he's a better player full stop than JM and hasn't looked out of place at the back. 

I don't know what the situation is with cook although I'd imagine the manager will be doing everything he can to get him playing, especially for this game. 

We can only hope that we open a can of whoopass at 3pm on Saturday. 

2 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

Hopefully we get a big attendance on Sat, not that the team particularly deserve it. Smith or Hobday in goals? I'd be happier with Hobday.
If Mcallister is suspended we're pretty goals light.

Think Hobday's distribution is better and he'll at least make an attempt to come for crosses but Smith is probably the better shot stopper.

Well the new suspension lists are out and there's no mention of Rory being suspended so he'll  be clear to play tomorrow.

Not sure what has happened but McInally definitely said in an interview that the booking against Queens Park would cost him a two game ban.

If the club have miscalculated probably just means he'll miss the play offs instead (if we get there) as he won't go to the end of the season without another booking at least.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/peterhead-fc/1217187/mcinally-revival-urgently-sought/

Archived