June 8th General Election

Mudder

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 19:05, jmothecat said:

How about those Zoroastrians eh? Imagine naming your God after a car.

The Iranian parliament has an MP for the Christians, an MP for the Jews and an MP for the Zoroastrians.

Apparently the Zoroastrians are not keen on burying their dead and instead they leave them on hillsides to be devoured by scavenger birds.  Not sure if this is still the case but you might have protests from the Ramblers and the Munro baggers if you tried that here.

6 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

The Iranian parliament has an MP for the Christians, an MP for the Jews and an MP for the Zoroastrians.

Apparently the Zoroastrians are not keen on burying their dead and instead they leave them on hillsides to be devoured by scavenger birds.  Not sure if this is still the case but you might have protests from the Ramblers and the Munro baggers if you tried that here.

Freddie Mercury was a Zoroastrian.

I'm not sure I can name any others tbh.

46 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

You're right.  I checked Wikipedia.  A lot of exotic Indian names that don't exactly trip off the tongue (unless you are seriously, seriously gone).

Never mind.  I am quite sure Freddie would be happy doing a one-man show here.

Please no innuendo.

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

He was a great showman and I loved his music but I thought his half eaten carcass on the Law would have been a bigger tourist attraction than it was.

31 minutes ago, mjw said:

Right wing twitter going nuts because Corbyn is at Glastonbury.
'It's £240 a ticket, he's no man of the people'

Also he isnt honouring  oor brave boys on made up day

It can't be that much of a surprise that a lot of his support comes from the right-on middle class can it? Look at where Labour's swing was highest, university seats, places with middle class, remain voting, university educated people. The swing was lower in working class, traditional Labour heartlands. Corbyn knows who his supporters are and he's speaking to them effectively.

1 hour ago, jmothecat said:

I preferred when Corbyn had really low poll ratings and I could happily criticise his progressive policies.  It's all turned to shit now.  :(

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/06/neither-tories-labour-shows-sign-truly-national-party/

I think Massie gets it right here. Particularly like the chapter about how people feel the need to sneer at working class people who have the audacity to do anything that costs money.

Archived