June 8th General Election

Mudder

Holy shitballs NE Fife!!

I like to think I'm one of the two as I voted green in 2015.

An absolute roaster in my work is claiming the Tory gains in the borders and the NE is because "they have big hooses and Sturgeon put the council tax up"  He's had a complete meltdown already about his going up and ended up writing to Ruth Davidson :lol:

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mjw said:

That's Eddie Hitler resigned.

When was the last time a political party was wound up?

Stick a fork in these UKIP c***s, they are absolutely done.

:lol:

Wanting sturgeon to resign.

Thats f@ckin mentalist.:1eye

Collectively (ie all of you numbnuts combined) you still got less than the SNP.

With a large part of the yes vote going Corbyn, top tory tactical voting in the yokel areas, and what has been a low turnout for a general election. This has undoubtably been peak britnat.......and you are still also rans.

Just let that sink in nawbags.

Who's calling for Sturgeon to resign?
There's clearly no chance of that happening.  For her own credibility she could do with winning an SNP leadership election though.  She's been losing seats left, right and centre for 2 years.

I'm sure I saw one or two folk suggesting she has to go so maybe the use of the word calling was a touch dramtic.

I also admit I'm pretty tired so may have misinterpreted posts earlier in the thread.

Point still stands though that as much as Ruth and Kez will use last night to show the SNP support is decreasing, the percentage of seats won in Scotland would equate to a comprehensive majority in Westminster if a party won the same percentage of seats.

Theresa May decided this election should be all about her charisma and nobody told here she didn't have any.

I think Jeremy Corbyn did well because, unlike her, he was able to convince people it was not all about him - including parts of the Labour manifesto that he did not agree with personally but accepted as the collective will of the Labour party.

Too often there is talk about the leader of a party - as if the rest of their party does not matter.

4 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

May will be arse licking the DUP like a dog on heat for a agreement of some kind.

In return the DUP should screw her for all they can get.

...hopefully, that will include a soft Brexit. Not even the DUP are mental enough to want a hard border between NI and the RoI. There is probably a majority available for a relatively soft Brexit now that UKIP have been annihilated.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

May steaming to B palace at 12.30 and appointing senior tory ministers tonight.
Is this woman having a laugh

Hope them that voted Tory as a protest against Sturgeon and the SNP feel proud of themselves.

In terms of voting numbers, the swing was from the SNP to the Tories, with Labour standing pat. I have no idea why that should be - cult of personality may have something to do with it, like Fullerene says - but it's an issue that Sturgeon needs to look at. SNP loonball activists screaming "but but but tactical voting but but but last time was a one off but but but protest vote" look like they are burying their heads in the sand., and it's not good for the SNP if they are.

...hopefully, that will include a soft Brexit. Not even the DUP are mental enough to want a hard border between NI and the RoI. There is probably a majority available for a relatively soft Brexit now that UKIP have been annihilated.

Yeah, I'm really hoping this means we soften our Brexit approach. I'd be perfectly happy with some sort of EFTA type agreement.

3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

May steaming to B palace at 12.30 and appointing senior tory ministers tonight.
Is this woman having a laugh

She must be almost as deluded as Tony Fucking Blair was.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying there, though I disagree with a few points.
Ruth is a terrible leader. Most of the swings to the Conservatives were in spite of her, not because of her. Corbyn being elected and a shift to the left would be better for the majority of the UK. It was a poor night for the SNP but in terms of Independence and the move towards that, a bit of perspective would suggest it was anything but massive. The fact that only 35 seats is considered a massive let down tells you just how far things have moved in the last 5 or 6 years.

Disagree. I don't agree with virtually anything that Ruth Davidson says, but she is a good leader. The Tories revival up here is down to her leadership.

8 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

May will be arse licking the DUP like a dog on heat for a agreement of some kind.

In return the DUP should screw her for all they can get.

They will.

Soft border, softer Brexit.

Theresa May has fucking f'cked the f'ck up :lol:

Archived