June 8th General Election

Mudder

Interesting to see how everyone spins this. SNP still romped it despite major losses, Labour still behind Tories who have actually lost their majority.

Ruth can't spin this as a win for Tories and a loss for SNP, surely?

She wont need to the media will.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Interesting to see how everyone spins this. SNP still romped it despite major losses, Labour still behind Tories who have actually lost their majority.

Ruth can't spin this as a win for Tories and a loss for SNP, surely?

Oh she will try...with the backing of most of the Scottish media I'm sure.

Decided to go to bed after midnight and pleased to wake up to find the exit poll seemed pretty accurate after all. I see there's 14 seats left, what's the likelihood of tories/dup sneaking a joint majority? 

3 minutes ago, dogmc said:

How long do we think it will be before another ge is called?

I'm not convinced they will, they may well get trounced the next time round.

19 minutes ago, tintax said:

What a shit night. People all over Scotland voting for a party that supports a hard Brexit, a rape clause and a dementia tax. Shameful. 

As much as the Unionists will spin this, the independence dream is not dead, far from it.

What the f**k has gotten in to people. 12/13 Tories is fucking shameful. 

Tory/DUP majority pretty much guaranteed. Especially when you take into account the seven SF MPs who won't take their seats.

Think it was the UUP who would go with Tory regardless - DUP will likely not be so easy, especially with the 'border' issue ahead

4 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Tory/DUP majority pretty much guaranteed. Especially when you take into account the seven SF MPs who won't take their seats.

11 seats to declare and the Tories only need 4 to make that happen.

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Question I saw on twitter - would EVEL hurt both the Tories with their increased Scottish contingent AND Labour propped up by the SNP?

The Tories will have a majority on EVEL issues I think - they already have 291 of the 533 English seats with 9 still to declare.

Fantastic night. SNP done far worse than anyone ever believed possible.
Scotland having a big influence on the UK government to undermine the SNP argument in the best way possible- voting Tory.
Independence gubbed.
Country will need to shift to the left and the blairite/Cameron types now an irrelevance.

Corbyn should be in about slab if his chances for no10 were ruined by kezia n pals standing aside for tories in selected seats up here. Interesting what was said earlier about evel now coming into play. Shows how nonsensical a piece of legislation it was. Would be hilarious if it ended up stopping tories imposing some of their nastier policies

Archived