June 8th General Election

Mudder

It been lashing in Ayrshire all day so far - if it's the same elsewhere it will be a poor turnout. My gran and 2 of her friends were saying at lunchtime they were not going to bother unless it dried up before "tea" (6.00pm in the WoS venacular)

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's just hope all the "Rangers media" brigade are incapable of scrolling an X (Which of course there's every chance).................

That's not very nice.

There's fidey kicking cancers c**t to vote snp and your maw's (probably) a Tory. The shame of it!

Edit: only pulling your pisser Sonstream, I wouldn't have a go at folk for how they decide to vote. Had a go at my pal this morning because he's not registered to vote.

Ps, g'on yersel Fide!

Just now, NorthernJambo said:

There's fidey kicking cancers c**t to vote snp and your maw's (probably) a Tory. The shame of it!

:lol: Nah, she's totally against Brexit, I doubt she'd support them..

Both my Grans have Cancer at the moment mind you, and they're still voting Tory. I guess they could blame the Chemo, but that wouldn't stack up now Fide's still as big an SNP man as ever.

Delighted to hear you got the all clear @Fide, it's a horrific condition and one that I wouldn't even dare to wish on my worst enemy. 

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

:lol: Nah, she's totally against Brexit, I doubt she'd support them..

Both my Grans have Cancer at the moment mind you, and they're still voting Tory. I guess they could blame the Chemo, but that wouldn't stack up now Fide's still as big an SNP man as ever.

Delighted to hear you got the all clear @Fide, it's a horrific condition and one that I wouldn't even dare to wish on my worst enemy. 

Cheers my man.  The cancer itself was ok to deal with, other than the psychological stuff, i.e. the very real thought that I might die.  Chemo, however, was an utter, UTTER b*****d.

Anyway, I'm derailing the topic...

Just now, Fide said:

Cheers my man.  The cancer itself was ok to deal with, other than the psychological stuff, i.e. the very real thought that I might die.  Chemo, however, was an utter, UTTER b*****d.

Anyway, I'm derailing the topic...

It's the psychological side of it that terrifies me to be honest. I've no idea how people can remain so positive through it, it's one of the very few things that genuinely terrify me. It's absolutely heartbreaking to see what it can do to people in such a short space of time.

As you were everyone

3 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

It's the psychological side of it that terrifies me to be honest. I've no idea how people can remain so positive through it, it's one of the very few things that genuinely terrify me. It's absolutely heartbreaking to see what it can do to people in such a short space of time.

As you were everyone

For me, I adopted an attitude of "it is what it is".  Spending every waking moment in tears wasn't going to get me better, so I just tried to remain positive throughout.  There's obviously nothing to say that remaining positive aids recovery, but it certainly doesn't do it any harm.

It absolutely changes your outlook on life.

Anyway, as SO08 said, as you were everyone.

Cheers my man.  The cancer itself was ok to deal with, other than the psychological stuff, i.e. the very real thought that I might die.  Chemo, however, was an utter, UTTER b*****d. Anyway, I'm derailing the topic...

This fucking guy though! Gets cancer telt, votes snp and isn't interested in the attention.

#VoteFide

Edit: sorry to hear about your grans, sons.

Anyway, it's new (for me) polling station day (for me)!

7 minutes ago, Fide said:

For me, I adopted an attitude of "it is what it is".  Spending every waking moment in tears wasn't going to get me better, so I just tried to remain positive throughout.  There's obviously nothing to say that remaining positive aids recovery, but it certainly doesn't do it any harm.

It absolutely changes your outlook on life.

Anyway, as SO08 said, as you were everyone.

Is that you quoting Kezia? 

This election campaign has simply reinforced the visceral, gut wrenching hatred I have for the Tories and for the impact of their policies on the poorest and most vulnerable in our society.

No one with an ounce of genuine compassion can support them.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Hope this weather keeps all the auld unionist Tory voting feckers in the hoose

More likely to keep the youngsters in the house.

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

Hopefully not

So do I, I just feel that your average auld wifie is more motivated than the youngsters of today, hopefully this will be the election that the youngsters started to fight back and stake a claim to their own future.

Walked round to the shop to get some snacks for tonight and had a wee look at the polling station, absolutely dead. It was busier during the council election (our ward had a really high turnout for that). Getting the fear now.

Archived