June 8th General Election

Mudder

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Survation poll tonight
Tory c***s 41.5
Monsieur Zen 40.4%

I think that accounts for a high 18-24 turn out. Historically its always been low but I think pollsters seem to have a sniff that it might have a bump.

Been asked a few times what I think Labour doing well up here means as I've said it a few times. Them doing well is getting alot more votes than they got the last time. Only thing is though, it won't translate into seats and instead will only help the Tories more as they take votes away from the SNP. Depressing really.

The Corbyn love in is doing my tits in too by the way. Why do so many people seem to love the guy? It must just be because every other PM candidate over the years has been so unlikeable. Surely? Don't get it.

The love in is possibly to do with people seeing the terrible press he gets, then seeing him interviewed, and thinking 'why is he getting such a bad press?'

It looks like bullying.

Then they see the absolute shambles that the Tories have made of running the country and the contribution Theresa has made. They see Theresa dodging the public and going to out of town meets with 100 hand-picked supporters. They see her dodging debates. They think 'why isn't Theresa getting absolutely slaughtered by the media?'

It looks like favouritism.

Labour getting more votes up here would be bad, in that the SNP obsessed Scottish Labour Party would take it as validation of their strategy of taking on the SNP, rather than it being a Corbyn bounce. If it lets in more Tories by splitting the left leaning vote, it will be criminal.

Labour in Scotland are obviously shit scared that they will disappear. They deserve to disappear. Hopefully Corbyn does well down South, but Labour up here are a shambles and don't deserve any influence on matters.

Just to add a little balance to what's been said recently, I'm self employed with a small business and know many others in a similar position and the notion of freedom that accompanies it is quite overrated really. 

Personally, there's no way I can vote for my local Labour candidate when she's pedalling this 'no to a divisive second referendum' nonsense.

I wonder how many others who voted Yes see this as a slap in the face and something they can't back. I suppose we'll see on Friday.

Personally, there's no way I can vote for my local Labour candidate when she's pedalling this 'no to a divisive second referendum' nonsense.

I wonder how many others who voted Yes see this as a slap in the face and something they can't back. I suppose we'll see on Friday.

My local labour candidate hasn't made an appearance in Perth bar for one Hustings.

Not even had a leaflet from him, I presume they've done a deal to help Ian Duncan

5 minutes ago, mizfit said:

My local labour candidate hasn't made an appearance in Perth bar for one Hustings.

Not even had a leaflet from him, I presume they've done a deal to help Ian Duncan

We've not had any leaflets from Labour yet. Last time round they chucked in some loser from Bellshill who leafleted about 100 homes and disappeared over the whole campaign. I actually saw him in Forfar walking very quickly away from an old woman who wanted to ask him a couple of questions :lol:

I know SLab are rammed full, from top to bottom with absolute fucking brain donors, but surely they're not daft enough to literally hand the Tories some Scottish seats because they have such a weird obsession with the SNP? If this is found to be the case, then surely Corbyn and the Labour leadership have to be tearing the branch office some new arseholes. 

18 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

We've not had any leaflets from Labour yet. Last time round they chucked in some loser from Bellshill who leafleted about 100 homes and disappeared over the whole campaign. I actually saw him in Forfar walking very quickly away from an old woman who wanted to ask him a couple of questions :lol:

I know SLab are rammed full, from top to bottom with absolute fucking brain donors, but surely they're not daft enough to literally hand the Tories some Scottish seats because they have such a weird obsession with the SNP? If this is found to be the case, then surely Corbyn and the Labour leadership have to be tearing the branch office some new arseholes. 

The sad thing is this is exactly the case, meanwhile some SNP voters, seduced by the understandably attractive proposition for Corbyn, will vote SLAB and only help the Tories sneak in the back door in a few extra seats.  Absolute shambles of a party

My Limited Company, my client book, my tax and NI advantages and most importantly HMRC would beg to disagree.
What the hell would a prison officer know about being in business?

What would a 'businessman' know about being a prison officer?

Ah. Didn't take long for the anti-rich jealousy to start pouring out.
You'll find that many us us pay for private health care so we don't over burden the NHS.

You will be 'burdening' the NHS once you get some chronic illness. You'll be dumped by your insurance like a tonne of bricks; or your premiums will go through the roof.

Over the last week, I've been going back and forth on something in my head. I want to endorse Corbyn and a Labour government so despite never voting Labour in my life, I have felt the temptation to give them my vote with the main aim of increasing the popular vote and not being too worried if my constituency went SNP or Labour. I looked up my Labour candidate and he doesn't seem to be a seething SNP BAAAAAD Britnat (from limited online information) so I come round to the idea that I could give him my vote. Yesterday - this changed.

Driving into Perth and approaching the Broxden roundabout, BBC Scotland aired a party political broadcast. A softly spoken female voice gave a sentence talking about division and poor governance in the country. I felt calm and reassured in the knowledge of the unity behind the feeling to remove this utterly toxic government from power but as I dropped into third gear, the words 'Vote Labour to send Nicola Sturgeon a strong message that Scotland does not want a second referendum' clarified the subject of the previous words and, for the first time all day, I felt a real anger that was sufficient for me to forget my route and continue straight on towards the Inveralmond roundabout (as opposed to turning right to Perth).

It's fucking disgraceful that in a UK election, Labour in Scotland treat us like fucking idiots by focusing the energy of all their attacks all on a party who is politically pretty similar to them and then disrespect the electorate by bringing up devolved issues which aren't being voted on in this election. I don't expect them to suddenly support independence or stop opposing it but it'd be good for them to maybe focus on the bigger picture and not be so unnecessarily hostile to sections of the public that would actually be sympathetic to vote for them.

The party leadership in Scotland are absolutely pathetic and have achieved nothing of note with 24 seats in a hung parliament despite the Green's managing to influence policy with only 6. As an opposition, they are woeful at ever pressuring any sort of meaningful change and Kezia spends significant amounts of her timing winging to the First Minister that some bullies have made fun of her or one of her useless colleagues on social media.

I could say that previous leaders have maybe been hapless and sown the seeds for some of what we've seen but being kind hearted, I could give almost all of them some sort of mitigating circumstance and think a lot of them were naturally in really tough times for the party so found it much harder to come up with some sort of cohesive strategy. This is the first time I've felt that the sabotage may be intentional by the figures involved. Kezia is just happy enough to stick around before she gets a job in the US and the rest of the hierarchy are just happy to have something small left after what has happened to their colleagues; content to spend their dying days despising the SNP for having the audacity in wanting to run the country.

Nope, I reckon she'll have a whopping majority. Sadly.

I reckon she'll get a majority too. The media have been character assassinating Corbyn for ages and as the majority of people go by what the TV and newspapers say, it would be a miracle if the Tories don't get a majority.

Archived