June 8th General Election

Mudder

33 minutes ago, Fide said:

It gets worse.

Someone needs to take Scottish Labour up ae road, they're drunk.

Election 2017: Scottish Labour to set out pro-UK manifesto
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-39991248

…Scottish Labour's manifesto will also include a series of pledges aimed at delivering
"transformative change" in Scotland.
These include commitments to bring forward Member's Bills on banning MSPs from
holding paid second jobs, extending breakfast clubs into every primary school,
banning onshore fracking, improving access to sanitary products to tackle "period poverty"
and scrapping the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act.

Scottish Labour won one Scottish seat in the 2015 General Election.
Labour's UK manifesto also confirmed it opposed an independence referendum.

And neither mention reforming the HoL, that holiday home for ousted Labour & Tory MPs.

Edit: Am I reading that manifesto correctly?
In a UK wide election, Scottish Labour (in Westminster) will bring forward a Bill banning MSPs (in Holyrood) from holding a second (paying) job.
Nothing about MPs doing the same.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Oh, Scottish Labour.

DATB9MuXsAAxz92.jpg

There's so much wrong with this I don't know where to begin.

Will that advert go down as a Labour or Tory expense?

May showing strong and stable leadership by announcing a screeching u-turn on social care. Just to confirm, yes I am being sarcastic...

3 minutes ago, Sooky said:

May showing strong and stable leadership by announcing a screeching u-turn on social care. Just to confirm, yes I am being sarcastic...

It'll be funny if this issue which even Blair was unwilling to tackle during his "King Tony" phase scuppers TM's chances of  landslide majority!

5 minutes ago, Sooky said:

Just a day after she had the Works and Pensions secretary saying they wouldn't reconsider the policy. She's getting as bad as Trump.

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

Just a day after she had the Works and Pensions secretary saying they wouldn't reconsider the policy. She's getting as bad as Trump.

Like Trump she has also resorted to throwing around the "Fake" accustaion whenever people say things she doesn't like

But since my manifesto was published, the proposals have been subject to fake claims made by Jeremy Corbyn. The only things he has left to offer in this campaign are fake claims, fear and scare mongering. So I want to make a further point clear. This manifesto says that we will come forward with a consultation paper, a government green paper. And that consultation will include an absolute limit on the amount people have to pay for their care costs.

Strong. And. Stable.

:lol:

Anyone even half paying attention should see what a clusterfuck we'll be left with if the Tories return a majority. Of course, nationalists are nationalists, and they'll just vote for them regardless. 8)

Strong. And. Stable.

:lol:

Anyone even half paying attention should see what a clusterfuck we'll be left with if the Tories return a majority. Of course, nationalists are nationalists, and they'll just vote for them regardless. 8)

I preferred the old Tory Kyle ;)

3 minutes ago, Sooky said:

I preferred the old Tory Kyle ;)

If the Tories stop being utterly vile c***s to old people with dementia, the poorest in our society and wild animals, I may consider voting for them again in the future.

But probably not.

Theresa May's decision to make this election a battle of personalities between herself and Corbyn has gone hilariously bad. She's backtracked over Brexit, National Insurance,  and now this. If she is struggling to beat a party that is fully gripped by civil war, then how is she going to deal with a 27 nation trading block?

I expect she'll be reaching for the dog-whistle racism at some point this week to stem the tide.

1 minute ago, Sloop John B said:

Theresa May's decision to make this election a battle of personalities between herself and Corbyn has gone hilariously bad. She's backtracked over Brexit, National Insurance,  and now this, if she is struggling to beat a party that is fully gripped by civil war then how is she going to deal with a 27 nation trading block?

I expect she'll be reaching for the dog-whistle racism at some point this week to stem the tide.

Glorious viewing though!

Oh, Scottish Labour.

DATB9MuXsAAxz92.jpg

There's so much wrong with this I don't know where to begin.

That'll just confuse your average punters who catch a fleeting glimpse of it.

The most eye-catching things are Wee Nic and Vote Conservative. Confusing.

Putting 'Don't risk it' next to 'Vote Labour' isn't the smartest design either.

The Labour Party appear to have a real dearth of talent in Scotland. The ones who aren't bitter cranks would be as well turning the lights off and joining the SNP or even the Greens.

26 minutes ago, Romeo said:

A dip in the Tory lead = Immediate panic and policy change.

What's the opposite of strong and stable?

This prospective Tory Government,

Archived