June 8th General Election

Mudder

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Fide said:

What exactly do UKIP have to do to stop getting invited onto the BBC?

It's something to do with the 4 million votes they got at the last GE........3 x that of the SNP for example. I think that is the main reason.

There's also the fact that their Eurosceptic stance has changed the face of British and European politics forever.  

They have been like a the politiical equivalant of MOAB..........Sturgeon would sell her, and your Soul for such political relevance and effect.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they got sidelined at the council elections and hope that continues at the GE........ However, that will equate to a massive shift from Labour to Tory, via UKIP, so the demise of UKIP helps your cause not one jot......especially with the new phenomenon of a resurgent Scottish Conservative Party.

10 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

This is going to be an absolute bloodbath. You have better get a fire lit under your arses on that whole independence thing because currently you are locked in here with the rest of us and these mad axe wielding c***s about to be unleashed like never before. 

Spot on. Whitehall knows they don't have the negotiators, quantity or quality, to do Brexit right. If they had respect for Parliament House and all it supposedly represents in this great democracy it would take a decade to change laws by the correct procedures. Guarantee the first bill in the new session will be about how to shovel through single -sentence white papers and wholesale change.

Axes are no match for broadswordsemoji6.png

Too late for independence.

The axe needs swinging ( Holyrood would be a start) and since when have Scottish broadswords ever brought the country anything other than grief , suffering and servitude? Co-operation and  positive engagement is the only way forward for Scotland. Anything else , especially Braveheart references, is infantile  rose-tinted Pish.

Start by backing Britain in the Brexit talks ( which haven't really started yet) and you might  yet secure a positive future for Scotland. 

15 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

The axe needs swinging ( Holyrood would be a start) and since when have Scottish broadswords ever brought the country anything other than grief , suffering and servitude? Co-operation and  positive engagement is the only way forward for Scotland. Anything else , especially Braveheart references, is infantile  rose-tinted Pish.

Start by backing Britain in the Brexit talks ( which haven't really started yet) and you might  yet secure a positive future for Scotland. 

Backing Britain :lol:

Britain will return from the Brexit talks with its arse on a plate and no amount of additional Tory MPs is going to make a blind bit of difference.

Mrs Mayhem knows this and is already blaming the EU for meddling in the election which she's going to win. As you say, we haven't even started negotiations yet, however the Tory Blame Game has already started.

Independence is the only answer.

46 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

It's something to do with the 4 million votes they got at the last GE........3 x that of the SNP for example. I think that is the main reason.

There's also the fact that their Eurosceptic stance has changed the face of British and European politics forever.  

They have been like a the politiical equivalant of MOAB..........Sturgeon would sell her, and your Soul for such political relevance and effect.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they got sidelined at the council elections and hope that continues at the GE........ However, that will equate to a massive shift from Labour to Tory, via UKIP, so the demise of UKIP helps your cause not one jot......especially with the new phenomenon of a resurgent Scottish Conservative Party.

:lol:

I see you're buying into the line of a resurgent Scottish Tory party.

You said so yourself, the only thing that's happened with the Tories up here is that former Labour voters have switched to them.  It hasn't affected SNP support one tiny iota, the only difference is it very much definitely is us and them now.  I'll let you into a wee secret - we WILL win.

Backing Britain. Get fucked. Britain abandoned Scotland and its people long ago. That Brexit continues against the stated will of two of the so called "equal partners" in this "family of nations" is testament to this fact. Westminster couldn't give a f**k about Scotland. I hope they get the worst deal possible and people in Boston and Rotherham can live in the hellholes they seem to desperately crave.

14 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I notice you are still trying to white knight other countries.

You tried this with Denmark and ended up schooled by another poster who actually lives there.

Then you tried it with California with similar results.

Now you are trying it with Sweden.

Pish.  The other poster didn't like Denmark which doesn't eliminate the fact that many do and it ranks third in the happiest countries in the world.  Sheer anecdote devoid of hard facts.

I don't think I've ever posted about California, so this post up to your usual appallingly poor standards.

15 hours ago, oaksoft said:

In the 1970s the country was on its knees economically. When Thatcher came into power we had 3 million out of work and she reduced that.

Lying c**t.  When Thatcher came to power unemployment was 1.5m and rose to 3m by 1982.

Lying c**t.  When Thatcher came to power unemployment was 1.5m and rose to 3m by 1982.

Ruth Davidson won an election last week by coming second so 3m might be less than 1.5m on a Tory calculator.

5 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Now now - in today's brave new world Oaksoft is merely supplying alternative facts. 

1 hour ago, McSpreader said:

McRiddy

.Start by backing Britain in the Brexit talks ( which haven't really started yet) and you might  yet secure a positive future for Scotland. 

Ah yes, the Empire's last stand. A square-go of monumental proportion. 1v27. The Brits trampled all over the Third world (and some bits closer to home) and now it's time to give Johnny Europe what for. Still, as long as the queen gets to keep her wee Realm together who gives a shit about the people who pay her taxes. 

Time to draw up the bridge and boil the oil. Hussar!

10 hours ago, strichener said:

That's incorrect, the Finance Act 1986 introduced rules that forced schemes to reduce surpluses.  It is however the case that the government had planned to reduce the state pension by 3% in 1980 and eventually settled on removing the link between pensions and earnings.

It is far too simplistic to blame the capitalist companies for the state of the UK pension system.  Every government, no matter which colour, has fucked with the system to it's detriment.

Yes. Rules. very important. But only when enforced. The big number at the bottom came from a friend in the City, documented. So I trust it. Who's been enforcing the rules for the last 3 decades as the zeros have totted up?

You missed the sarcasm in my first two sentences. Of course the Government of the day should have responsibility but as we've been repeatedly told, by numerous Governments in Whitehall, Government shouldn't interfere in business i.e the private sector. Unless of course it's that time to lie ridiculously about housing quotas (determined by PLC housebuilders) or sorting out those awful chaps in the energy sector. 

Whichever flavour of our two points of view is followed it amounts to the same. Whitehall Bad. 

13 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Ah yes, the Empire's last stand. A square-go of monumental proportion. 1v27. The Brits trampled all over the Third world (and some bits closer to home) and now it's time to give Johnny Europe what for. Still, as long as the queen gets to keep her wee Realm together who gives a shit about the people who pay her taxes. 

Time to draw up the bridge and boil the oil. Hussar!

good post - have a greenie :)

The axe needs swinging ( Holyrood would be a start)  Co-operation and  positive engagement is the only way forward for Scotland.

I hope the first part is just lazy trolling and you're not actually advocating the removal of the Scottish parliament.

The Scottish government has tried to co-operate, it took the threat of a 2nd referendum before Westminster even bothered to consult us on Brexit. Even then we were dismissed out of hand.

So far, the Tory party have said they wont co-operate on security with the EU, threatened to turn the UK into a tax haven, threatened Spain and accused the EU of trying to fix the general election. It is then, entirely understandable that Sturgeon and the majority of the Scottish people want absolutely f**k all to do with this utter shambles.

I have to say, your copy and paste jobs from the Daily Mail are getting worse. You need to up your game m9.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

SNP need to fund free bus runs on the 8th.

The irony here being that the SNP already fund free bus travel for these I'm alright Jack, pull the ladder up, Tory voting pensioners.

Archived