June 8th General Election

Mudder

:lol:

https://wingsoverscotland.com/mister-twenty-four-seven/

Mister Twenty-Four Seven

We had a little fun last night at the expense of Ian Murray, the sole surviving Scottish Labour MP, who’d sent his constituents a list of his achievements in office that was actually a blank sheet of paper. And in fairness, he was extremely quick off the mark in response, producing a video tweet within four hours.

imblooper.jpg

And it seems that he’s actually been keeping VERY busy.

The video made a number of startling claims:

imvisit1.jpg imvisit2.jpg

That seems like a lot, to put it mildly. Since the general election of 7 May 2015 just 505 working days have passed, or 722 if you include weekends and bank holidays.

imdays.jpg

So if we give the hard-working Edinburgh South MP weekends and holidays off, that means he turned up in person at the homes of constituents almost 20 times a day. If we allow an absolute minimum of 15 minutes each, including travelling time each way, that’s five hours a day gone just on home visits.

But there’s more. In a previous tweet earlier this month, Murray had outlined some of his other daily tasks:

imail1.jpg imail2.jpg imail3.jpg imail4.jpg

700 a day? Blimey, that’s impressive. Even if you could somehow read every email, compose and type a considered and meaningful reply in 60 seconds, that’d take you over 11 and a half hours every day. Coupled with the home visits that’s 16.5 hours a day just on emails and home visits. And he hasn’t even gone to Parliament yet!

A post on his website reveals that he in fact spends around 40 hours a week working at Westminster (in the interests of fairness we’ve excluded time he says he spends answering emails while he’s there, so that we’re not counting it twice). Over the four days he’s in London, that’s an average of ten hours a day.

iansweek.jpg

Particularly alert readers will have noted that that’s 26.5 hours a day spent solely on work, with no time alloted for eating or sleeping, let alone squeezing in any of his 142 constituency advice sessions every year. (1000 since 2010. Again in the interests of fairness, we’ll assume those all happen on weekends, when he’s back in Edinburgh.)

We’d be the first to admit that it’s a punishing schedule. Voters of Edinburgh South might feel that it was only fair to give him a bit of a rest, starting next month.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andrea Jenkyns, Tory MP for Morley and Outwood, advertising this less than a year after a Labour MP in a neighbouring constituency was murdered in the streets by a fascist.

I mean, I don't think that the bloke will actually murder any Labour canvassers, but promoting such a threat online is hugely irresponsible behaviour from an elected representative. 

I would love to hear him explain why a man shoving his cock up another man's arse in a consensual relationship behind closed doors could possibly be dangerous to society.

You're just as twisted as the sky fairy botherers if that's how you view a homosexual relationship.

5 minutes ago, mjw said:

You're just as twisted as the sky fairy botherers if that's how you view a homosexual relationship.

Sociopaths are emotionally shallow.  It's not surprising that Oaky views relationships as a predominantly physical pursuit.

12 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

Glorious. Nothing should be handed to anyone on a plate.

Apart from £millions to 'royality' and cushy peerages to millionaire pals? Not to mention 'sweeteners' to bribe tax-dodging multinationals to locate here.

And apart from a dead pig's head for your former leader to penetrate with his boaby.

7 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Andrea Jenkyns, Tory MP for Morley and Outwood, advertising this less than a year after a Labour MP in a neighbouring constituency was murdered in the streets by a fascist.

I mean, I don't think that the bloke will actually murder any Labour canvassers, but promoting such a threat online is hugely irresponsible behaviour from an elected representative. 

Wid.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not I.  I endorse the primacy of parliament as does any right-thinking lover of democracy.

You need some fresh material.  

Apart from me, because sadly I'm working tomorrow and I've nothing better to do, and maybe one other, the natives seem to have found some better entertainment elsewhere.

Archived