June 8th General Election

Mudder

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lost a 23 k majority in a by election he caused seems strange very strange

Resigned as a Tory over government Heathrow policy (fair enough) but now standing as a Tory with the Heathrow policy still the exact same as it was when he lost his seat...

20 minutes ago, Sooky said:

Resigned as a Tory over government Heathrow policy (fair enough) but now standing as a Tory with the Heathrow policy still the exact same as it was when he lost his seat...

Yes but the big difference* is that he is standing in a constituency that is not affected by the 3rd runway.

*Of course this is sarcasm as he resigned on principle.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Kejan said:

Blair McDougall to stand in East Renfrewshire.

Surely, that'll help the SNP to hold the seat - believe Jackson Carlaw (Eastwood) holds it in Holyrood ; although no idea how different the boundaries are for WM and HR- and it'll split the tactical Unionist vote?

Fat, arrogant, sneering lying, unprincipled. 

I always saw McDougall as your typical Tory. I suppose he is a red Tory.

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Oh you are snowflakes alright. Absolutely no doubt about it.

Why on earth are you using the same language as Piers Morgan and Katie Hopkins? Bizarre.

30 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

No. Getting ludicrously over emotional and "sexing up" your argument is though.

The Tories are not trying to kill people FFS.

Grow up.

No one is saying that the Tories are trying to kill people. They are saying that Tory policies are leading many people to their deaths. You know this but are twisting words to try and win your first argument on P and B. 

9 hours ago, yorkshirepud said:

Only issue with Corbyn attending TV debate without May is that it will likely turn into an almighty Corbyn kicking session by the other parties. He has a lot to lose by attending when May isn't there to take the (thoroughly deserved) flak.

Sturgeons big problem is likely the Scottish Tories, same again in Wales if the polling is to be believed. Farrons crowd have been doing well in local by elections in the SW of England where the Tories are their main competition.

Its likely that the brainless Semus Milne tought it was be a rerun of 2015 than looked at the polling and considered everyone else had more to gain from kicking the Tories than the weak Labour.

He sh*t it on the morning after the Brexit vote demanding A50, sh*t it by forcing a 3 line whip on the A50 vote,, sh*t it by not squeezing concessions out of May to wave through the fixed term parliament act and has sacked off a high profile stint on terrestrial TV with no Tory to come back at him. He is an underwhelming back bencher who is now more over promoted than if Derek Riordan had been called up for the England game.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

People commit suicide for a whole host of reasons.

It is always a last resort for people and one thing or another can tip them over the edge.

That thing can be utterly trivial or very serious but the final straw itself is rarely the cause of the suicide.

You need to look at the entire background to see the picture.

So these Tory policies are not the whole story behind these people's deaths.

Once again you lefties are obsessed with claiming the moral high ground and hijacking the real suffering of groups of people purely to score cheap political points.

Frankly it is pathetic and you are getting called out for it.

You are slowly but surely morphing into one of the worst human beings I have ever had the misfortune to encounter.

If you are trolling, you need to get a grip.  If the above is your actual, factual opinion - f**k me.

It might not fit your embittered, entitled agenda, but there is no doubt that Tory policies ARE killing people.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/john-wight/tory-welfare-policy-is-killing-people_b_8053290.html

http://voxpoliticalonline.com/2017/03/12/this-is-how-the-tory-disability-assessments-are-killing-people/

https://www.commonspace.scot/articles/10803/fiona-robertson-voting-tory-ge17-vote-kill-people-me-and-you-need-know-why

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/oct/01/tory-vilifcation-disabled-sick-george-osborne

http://www.welfareweekly.com/welfare-reform-is-killing-people-but-the-tory-press-doesnt-want-you-to-know/

http://www.intmensorg.info/atosmurders.htm

Now, as we all know, Oaksoft is gonna Oaksoft.  You'll deride the above links, twisting a few of the quotes and you'll get angry at my audacity for posting these links.  So, puttng on my most skeptical hat, even f you take away some deaths for natural causes and other reasons, there are still many, many people dying AS A DIRECT RESULT OF THIS TORY GOVERNMENT.

And, as alien a concept as it is to someone like you whose compassion doesn't go beyond their own house, people DO care about other people.

Some people find it sickening that a woman drowns herself after being found fit for work.

Some people care about the fact that in the 21st century, this Government can sanction someone's benefits, leaving them penniless and unable to afford food or electricity, leading to their death.

Some people think it is genuinely horrendous that someone with diabetes cannot afford the electricity to keep their insulin refrigerated, due to benefits being stopped.

Some people are genuinely disgusted that a man with a variety of heart disease and angina problems was found fit for work at an ATOS assessment and the stress of the process, according to his widow, brought on a fatal heart attack.

All these and more can be found here:

http://calumslist.org/

So yes, people do actually genuinely care about other people.  Specifically when it is vulnerable people being kicked when they're down and having nowhere else to turn.  It's not being a snowflake or a loony leftie, it's genuine compassion.

I fully expect you and your wee cabal of psuedo-right wing sociopaths on here to decry this as a "rant" and perhaps it is, but some things are worth ranting about.

Sturgeons big problem is likely the Scottish Tories, same again in Wales if the polling is to be believed. Farrons crowd have been doing well in local by elections in the SW of England where the Tories are their main competition.
Its likely that the brainless Semus Milne tought it was be a rerun of 2015 than looked at the polling and considered everyone else had more to gain from kicking the Tories than the weak Labour.
He sh*t it on the morning after the Brexit vote demanding A50, sh*t it by forcing a 3 line whip on the A50 vote,, sh*t it by not squeezing concessions out of May to wave through the fixed term parliament act and has sacked off a high profile stint on terrestrial TV with no Tory to come back at him. He is an underwhelming back bencher who is now more over promoted than if Derek Riordan had been called up for the England game.

Can't disagree with any of that. He has been a strategic nightmare in last 6 months. Think he is trying to smoke May out but a better policy would have been a pre-planned assault on Tory policy during TV debates by the remaining leaders. They have to unite against them and show them up for the evil sociopaths they are.

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Oh that's right. I was supposed to check every single sentence ever uttered by Hopkins, Morgan, each and every BNP, NF and Britain First member before offering an opinion.

Silly, silly me.

You need your hole.

Unfortunately I think Labour will win back East Renfrewshire.

Tory c***s will absolutely pile in and vote for that p***k, Blair McDougall. 

1 minute ago, Karl Fletcher said:

I think the Tories will fancy taking this seat. Much like Edinburgh south, Tory tactical voters tried to keep the SNP out by voting labour last time and the Tory vote suffered slightly as a result. I think they're less likely to do it this time and wouldn't actually be shocked to see McDougall come third.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Tony Blair says May will win the election.

http://news.sky.com/story/ge2017-tony-blair-says-theresa-may-will-win-the-general-election-10852628

What an incredible insight this man possesses.

Quote :

"It'll be Theresa May if the polls are right."

Every headline I've read in the last week about the election seems to contain a reference to May winning, Tory majority, May most popular leader ever, Longest PMQs by Queen Theresa etc. etc.

Barely a mention of backing out of the TV debates, electoral fraud, reneging on their 2015 manifesto promises on pensions & tax and so on.

I hope the public see past the headlines and judge the Tories on what they are really all about. Unfortunately, the public are thick and they'll win by a landslide.

Depressing state of affairs.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

I think the Tories will fancy taking this seat. Much like Edinburgh south, Tory tactical voters tried to keep the SNP out by voting labour last time and the Tory vote suffered slightly as a result. I think they're less likely to do it this time and wouldn't actually be shocked to see McDougall come third.

Hope you're right mate! 

26 minutes ago, DBA said:

Every headline I've read in the last week about the election seems to contain a reference to May winning, Tory majority, May most popular leader ever, Longest PMQs by Queen Theresa etc. etc.

Barely a mention of backing out of the TV debates, electoral fraud, reneging on their 2015 manifesto promises on pensions & tax and so on.

I hope the public see past the headlines and judge the Tories on what they are really all about. Unfortunately, the public are thick and they'll win by a landslide.

Depressing state of affairs.

Theresa May could have a child assassinated and I'm not sure it would matter. A perfect storm of Brexit in England and Wales, Indyref 2 in Scotland and Jeremy Corbyn means a 1997 Tony Blair-esque majority is almost inevitable.

I'm moving to Canada. f**k this shit.

2 hours ago, Karl Fletcher said:

No chance.  The Tories might edge it, but I fancy the SNP to hang on to this one.

Tuba boy will come a distant and glorious third place.

Archived