June 8th General Election

Mudder

Anyone who would vote tory simply to stop a referendum is insane. You can vote no in a referendum. Theres a clear mandate to have one and actually being prepared to vote for this vile brutal govt in order to prevent something as fundamentally democratic as a referendum is beyond any sane comprehension. It also means labour supporters mewling about being called red tories can wheesht.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Anyone who would vote tory simply to stop a referendum is insane. You can vote no in a referendum. Theres a clear mandate to have one and actually being prepared to vote for this vile brutal govt in order to prevent something as fundamentally democratic as a referendum is beyond any sane comprehension. It also means labour supporters mewling about being called red tories can wheesht.

A point that bears repeating. Voting specifically against your country having a say on its future, after a major ballot in which its decision was outvoted, is incredible. It's made more incredible by the fact that the Scottish Parliament has already got the mandate for one. Not every Scot who opposes Scotland being a normal nation state is a self hater, but anyone livid at the prospect of it even being asked the question (given all that's happened), presumably because they fear the result, is an absolute minter.

A point that bears repeating. Voting specifically against your country having a say on its future, after a major ballot in which its decision was outvoted, is incredible. It's made more incredible by the fact that the Scottish Parliament has already got the mandate for one. Not every Scot who opposes Scotland being a normal nation state is a self hater, but anyone livid at the prospect of it even being asked the question (given all that's happened), presumably because they fear the result, is an absolute minter.

Succinctly put

Oh SLab.
What a disaster of a PPB.
Who are these people who don't talk to each other because of the independence referendum?

Our country is divided enough. Together we are stronger. FFS.

They do a good job clearing any feeling of electoral apathy though: after just four days campaigning I want to see them wiped out and to die like Rangers.

11 hours ago, Antlion said:

Your statement is ridiculous, as always. There are no self haters, none , That's just your usual attempt to dehumanise those that disagree with you. Nationalists do that . It's a 'thing'.

A voter votes for him/herself and not for Scotland.. Your idea that you vote for Scotland is self elevation of deluded proportions..

A person votes for  what they believe best serves them , their family and their interests.....That might just be remaining part of the UK. If that's the case then that person does NOT need or WANT a referendum.....Now you are pretty darned thick, I grant you that, But even YOU get that, surely ?

Also, there is no mandate from the people of Scotland for a 2nd indyref. Politicians giving themselves a mandate does not count. The people made their decision in 2014.

Maybe once we know the outcome of the Brexit negotiations we could look at the issue again......but not before then.

I'm struggling to see any benefits of voting Tory at this election based on the points below:

- reports today saying there could be future tax increases. Great, why not be so lax on tax avoidance and get billions of pounds that way?

- more power and bigger majority so they can get any EU/ Brexit deal through the Commons, good or bad, but probably the latter.

- May doesn't want to do live debates and it just screams cowardly to me and or playing it too safe.

- it's the f***ing Tories, they look after their own and s**t over everyone else!

I do genuinely feel for left-leaning voters in England at this election, to be honest. I could never vote Tory, but I also understand why people might have some issues voting for Labour under Corbyn/McDonnell and with the Shadow Cabinet regularly drowning in their own ineptitude. The Lib Dems are, well, the Lib Dems - and Farron is dreadful in so many ways. 

If I were down south, I would be conflicted; I would probably vote for the Greens as a protest, possibly begrudgingly for Labour if I lived in a Labour/Tory marginal - but what a sorry state of affairs. Thank f**k for the SNP. 

I live in Twickenham which is one of the few seats that the Tories will conceivably lose. Vince Cable is standing again for the Lib Dems after being edged out by a couple of thousand votes last time. I think I'll probably vote for them - hopefully the pro-Brexit lot will be turfed out of as many seats as possible in London which would send a message, albeit a small one.

Tories have an essential part of their soul missing. I have no idea why anyone would vote for these self serving cnuts.

It would be great to see this blow up in Mays face, with a huge Labour protest vote. I doubt it though.

Why do people see Corbyn as unelectable? Because MSM tell them, because he's a normal decent guy? Blairites in that party need to realise they are a busted flush and gtf

Does someone want to tell the Tory MSP's to get on with the day job at Holyrood instead of standing for another seat?

Find it interesting how the SNP released a statement criticising Tories for this, when I have my doubts they'd ever criticise Plaid Cymru and Leanne Wood AM, who is also trying to give up her current seat to reach Westminster.

Find it interesting how the SNP released a statement criticising Tories for this and not Plaid Cymru and Leanne Wood AM, who is also trying to give up her current seat to reach Westminster.

Plaid Cymru are a bigger irrelevance than RISE, that's why.

Archived