June 8th General Election

Mudder

9 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Why then do all the Labour MPs who have been interviewed the past two days refuse to back Corbyn?

They dodge every question about him. You'd think they could at least pretend that the party isn't an absolute shambles, by trying to come together for the sake of the election - that might limit the damage and stop the Tories from having a massive majority.

But no, it appears almost all of them will continue to undermime Corbyn the whole way through the election campaign, making them even more of a shambles and increasing the Tory majority. But it will be worth it to get rid of Corbyn, right?

To be fair, if opinion polls and personal ratings are anything to go by, Labour probably has more chance in some constituencies of beating the Tories if their candidate/sitting MP is not overly enthusiastic or complimentary about Corbyn. 

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The funniest part of this, what 36-40, losing track of hours since May called for an election is the 'Farron will make lots of gains' to 'Farron is a bigot'.

He'll be in for a rough ride until he gives a definite answer.

Also, what's with the jizz-ringing pants for Lib Dems about Jo Swinson coming back as a candidate? She's hardly a political heavyweight, she's not even Ming Campbell. If anyone is as old as me - early 30s - they'll remember her as being absolutely honking on QT, Daily Politics etc. And fighting as a  'PRO EU/PRO UK' candidate won't that confuse the Tories - who should vote for her, to keep the Nats oot.

56 will be an incredibly tough ask and I think there's a good chance it will drop a few below that.

Nicola should just stroll into her Govan constituency with #Goingfor55 merch as this would also show her to be doing her day job. Win Win scenario.

7 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

To be fair, if opinion polls and personal ratings are anything to go by, Labour probably has more chance in some constituencies of beating the Tories if their candidate/sitting MP is not overly enthusiastic or complimentary about Corbyn. 

It might do some individual MPs good, but as a whole it will do the party far more harm - just like it has been for Corbyn's tenure. If they united, then they might be able to get some policies across and distract from how incompetent the leadership is as well as put some pressure on the Tories.

It pretty much confirms how little chance there is of the UK having a left-wing government in the coming decades. The Tories go further and further right and when someone attempts to bring Labour back to the left they get hounded out at every opportunity by their own MPs. The political differences between Scotland and England will only get wider, if we want an even remotely left of centre government any time soon then it won't come as part of the UK.

4 hours ago, AUFC90 said:

You only need to cover one side of the fire triangle :lol:

After that one side's cover is dispersed, as discussed, reignition is likely. CO2 only displaces oxygen and when the CO2 is gone the fire would reignite. Hence CO2 extinguishers not being suitable for carbon based fires.

When the like of Halon was still in use it would displace O2 and create a chemical reaction which prevented the three side of the fire triangle reconnecting.

Douglas Ross MSP, Local councillor & football referee is rumoured to be standing against Angus Robertson.

Because 3 jobs isn't enough.

Also Ruth Davidson has revealed yet again Perth & North Perthshire is a big target. Claiming Wishart is vulnerable to himself.

After that one side's cover is dispersed, as discussed, reignition is likely. CO2 only displaces oxygen and when the CO2 is gone the fire would reignite. Hence CO2 extinguishers not being suitable for carbon based fires.
When the like of Halon was still in use it would displace O2 and create a chemical reaction which prevented the three side of the fire triangle reconnecting.

How many seats do you think the SNP would win in England?

I see once again the Tories are peddling the Labour/SNP coalition talk as a tactic to get votes.

Do you understand why the SNP don't put people up in England yet after all your pish yesterday?

I see once again the Tories are peddling the Labour/SNP coalition talk as a tactic to get votes.

Do you understand why the SNP don't put people up in England yet after all your pish yesterday?

Politics and especially campaign politics are a dirty game people/parties will say or do whatever it takes to gain even a small advantage.

Let's be honest it won't make any difference in Scotland what is said during the campaign.

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

Douglas Ross MSP, Local councillor & football referee is rumoured to be standing against Angus Robertson.

Because 3 jobs isn't enough.

Also Ruth Davidson has revealed yet again Perth & North Perthshire is a big target. Claiming Wishart is vulnerable to himself.

Angus has a 9,000 majority. Best of luck with that one... 

Edit to add - As does Pete Wishart

Politics and especially campaign politics are a dirty game people/parties will say or do whatever it takes to gain even a small advantage.

Let's be honest it won't make any difference in Scotland what is said during the campaign.

I'm not saying anything is wrong with what the Tories are saying. Just trying to show StonedSailor why his argument yesterday was a total nonsense, asking over and over why the SNP only stand here and not in England. Implying that the SNP don't care about people over the border.

Well this just shows the mindset, the SNP would win zero seats, the Tories will actually win votes in England from Labour because they're saying that the SNP may end up aligning themselves with them to form a coalition.

He's conveniently rubbered me on a few occasions now over it.

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I understand why, yes. They are only interested in independence for Scotland and not attempting to become a nationwide party willing to compete for the ability to change lives and society across the Union.

41 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I'm not saying anything is wrong with what the Tories are saying. Just trying to show StonedSailor why his argument yesterday was a total nonsense, asking over and over why the SNP only stand here and not in England. Implying that the SNP don't care about people over the border.

Well this just shows the mindset, the SNP would win zero seats, the Tories will actually win votes in England from Labour because they're saying that the SNP may end up aligning themselves with them to form a coalition.

He's conveniently rubbered me on a few occasions now over it.

Aw diddums. Did I not answer your questions which were full of ad hominem rubbish and never made any point?

My point is that the SNP, if they were more interested in people, could easily steal the Labour voters in enough numbers to make a difference nationwide. They did it in Scotland, they could do it in the whole country. They have no inclination to do so though, they have no interest in anyone outside Scotland. 

6 minutes ago, stonedsailor said:

I understand why, yes. They are only interested in independence for Scotland and not attempting to become a nationwide party willing to compete for the ability to change lives and society across the Union.

Finally, he gets it.

Just now, Baxter Parp said:

Finally, he gets it.

I have known this all along. This is what I don't agree with. Their nationalism is getting in the way of being a caring party who could make a difference in more than just their little backwater.

Just now, stonedsailor said:

I have known this all along. This is what I don't agree with. Their nationalism is getting in the way of being a caring party who could make a difference in more than just their little backwater.

It is a caring party, it's the only one that cares about Scotland.

Archived