West Region Secretary

garrellburn

14 hours ago, 11TH MAY 1991 said:

What happens to Tom Johnston when he loses his blazer from the SFA main board this summer?

No longer any SJFA representation on the SFA Executive Board? not surprising.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:14, LeedsPhil said:

Not saying I condone it, just trying to think what 'valid' (to him) reason he might possibly have for the delay, rather than just assuming he's taken his ball home.

When both halves of a next-round tie are either/or it's not a surprise he'd rather know what the outcome is, to be able to not only set the next cup fixtures but also to give the Wednesday losers league fixtures.

So what time does he get out of his bed on a Thursday, after a night of Wednesday cup clarity? Still nothing appeared for next midweek...

2 hours ago, LeedsPhil said:

So what time does he get out of his bed on a Thursday, after a night of Wednesday cup clarity? Still nothing appeared for next midweek...

Presumably waiting for the results of the 3 ties being played on Saturday.

Then it'll be the weekend so need to wait until Monday ... 2 days notice if you're lucky!

Presumably waiting for the results of the 3 ties being played on Saturday.
Then it'll be the weekend so need to wait until Monday ... 2 days notice if you're lucky!

Wits wrong with giving provisional fixtures? It's a joke sooner he's away the better.

Mon the papers

1 hour ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Tomorrow being Friday, are we seriously looking at teams having games on Monday and these not been made public yet??

Surely not Monday now - with a full card on Saturday, it's effectively only leaving Sunday to attempt to arrange travel and for players to arrange early finishes at work and so on. Even Wednesday's pushing it at this stage.

Do clubs buy in food for snackbars on the offchance there'll be a game? Nobody's going to be able to produce a programme at that notice in anything but online form either - so more revenue lost...it's getting to the stage it's starting to actively lose teams money.

Even just in terms of programme sales alone, my team will lose close on £100...waited so long this week for next Saturday's fixture I reckon we've probably missed the print deadline - waiting to hear for sure one way or the other - and there's absolutely no chance of getting a print version out for any home game next midweek at this late stage.

I guess we can knock the hypothesis he was waiting for Wednesday's results to come in on the head now...

So there looks like no midweek games next week?

Begs the question why we get sent down to Kello two weeks ago for a 1830 kick off when he could just have kept it back until next week, kick off at 1900 and give the boys a chance to get there.

Oh wait, that would involve common sense which I am only too well aware doesn't seem to exist in these parts. Absolute shambles.

Or..........maybe he's aware of my posts on here and decided to punish my club. By the sounds of it, it doesn't seem outwith the realms of possibility. And for the record I'm not accusing him of doing that before everyone gets on my back.

There needs to be midweek games ffs there is a West 1/4 final outstanding.

2 Quarter-finals outstanding .
Darvel v Talbot & Cumnock v Rob Roy .

It's bizarre that no fixtures have been issued for next midweek, but I'll give Fixtures Man the benefit of the doubt that there is a logical reason for this.

It's safe to assume that no teams will be playing on Monday night, as that is far too short notice for players to arrange shifts etc, especially as the working week has now finished.

This is supposed to be semi pro, not mates down the rec with a carry out and jackets for goals etc... utter shambles in terms of communicating information to supporters etc. If there is a reason put it up on the site. If there are either / ors, put it up on the site.

Archived