West Region Secretary

garrellburn

12 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Yeah, this is the 5th April - we were supposed to have fixtures till the end of the season by the end of February, and at the moment we still only know who we're playing up until the 21st of the month.

It was made perfectly clear regardless of the result of the vote last season that a continuation with the status quo was unacceptable and changes would follow...unfortunately the current regime have proved either incapable of or unwilling to change previous practices.

On the bright side, the job's likelier to get a lot easier when there are only a few dozen teams left to do them for though...

Simple answer  

Vote them all out at the next West AGM if the clubs aren't happy.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, santheman said:

Simple answer  

Vote them all out at the next West AGM if the clubs aren't happy.

Two problems with that - the significant number of clubs that seem content to carry on with the annual farce and the handful that couldn't be arsed showing up the last time...

Unfortunately no challenge for the position seems likely this year.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hillonearth even if he's only left with only 6-8 teams in the one league he would still give you 5 home or away games in a row with 2 weeks in advance remember he has improved slightly we use to get them 5-6 days in advance ! But we're not worthy of his vast intellectual knowledge and we should be grateful that he gives up his spare time to do this for us all ungrateful fans.But he's not a volunteer giving up his spare time HE'S AN EMPLOYEE OF THE64 CLUBS WHO PAY HIS WAGES .

On 05/04/2018 at 09:56, Sancho Panza said:

worst case scenario,  new WOS league at bottom of pyramid with fixtures still being dished out by this regime.

I would hope that anyone moving to a new WOSL would not even entertain the current regime at the helm. They have managed to disengage so many people with their archaic attitude and ultimately responsible for the current shift towards the pyramid within junior clubs. I for one loved being part of the junior setup and enjoyed visiting many great clubs, yourselves included but I have been beaten into submission like many other fellow Bankies and voted for us to move. What I didn't vote for was the current status and if that's the case I would rather join the EOSL!

Archived