West Region Secretary

garrellburn

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, superbigal said:

But if you had finished 6 weeks ago you would still be paying the contracts up ?

I guess it would depend on the arrangement with players - and there can't be too many semi pro clubs that did finish 6 weeks ago. The move away from paying signing on fees upfront is what creates the issue as with a weekly wage bill there always needs to be cash in the bank. I know at Pollok until not that long ago players got their signing on fee in July and thereafter got only expenses. I know that the first player to get a weekly wage at Pollok signed in the mid 00s. It was PAYE that shifted the approach though.

4 hours ago, superbigal said:

But if you had finished 6 weeks ago you would still be paying the contracts up ?

But you'd not have extra costs involved in keeping a squad match fit.  Training, expenses, friendlies etc

• 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Now that we've had half a season of the same old same old did the members get it wrong? 

Would Kenny have at least tried something new? His website/social media plan would have at least made the leagues a more interesting option for advertisers. 

Would giving a new direction a go have been such a bad idea? After all it could have been changed back to what we have if it didn't 

Clubs shouldn't be scared to say who they voted for, after all its our league. 

As mentioned on Rocksport radio the Buffs voted for Kenny despite the 16 point deduction and the Lugar fiasco, because it was worth a try and modernisation, even in its smallest form, is worth a try. 

Would your clubs vote now be different? And can someone please point out the benefits of the status quo, it's hard to see. 

• 4 weeks later...

We are into the first week in April and still sit with the same old routine of being drip Fed fixtures every club should know the full fixtures for the rest of the season there's no excuse and I know we can get some postponements yet as there is snow around in some parts but those can be fitted into a midweek slot.My question here is what are the management committee doing about this absolutely sod all there's no point in those people being there if they can't control the Secretary who once again breaks the constitution and does as he pleases so come on you guys on the management committee grow a set and tell him he's in breach of contract and he should step down with immediate effect.Now back to the pyramid thread this is the reason why clubs are leaving this set up in droves .

11 hours ago, sandyboy said:

We are into the first week in April and still sit with the same old routine of being drip Fed fixtures every club should know the full fixtures for the rest of the season there's no excuse and I know we can get some postponements yet as there is snow around in some parts but those can be fitted into a midweek slot.My question here is what are the management committee doing about this absolutely sod all there's no point in those people being there if they can't control the Secretary who once again breaks the constitution and does as he pleases so come on you guys on the management committee grow a set and tell him he's in breach of contract and he should step down with immediate effect.Now back to the pyramid thread this is the reason why clubs are leaving this set up in droves .

Yeah, this is the 5th April - we were supposed to have fixtures till the end of the season by the end of February, and at the moment we still only know who we're playing up until the 21st of the month.

It was made perfectly clear regardless of the result of the vote last season that a continuation with the status quo was unacceptable and changes would follow...unfortunately the current regime have proved either incapable of or unwilling to change previous practices.

On the bright side, the job's likelier to get a lot easier when there are only a few dozen teams left to do them for though...

Archived