West Region Secretary

garrellburn

18 minutes ago, Football crazy 09 said:

The service that Scott Robertson has given junior football over the years deserves a bit more respect than this bile on a public forum especially coming from one of his fellow members. Your own track record of causing conflict and disharmony does not bode well for the future. I hope for the sake of Junior football in the West I am proved wrong but this looks like a disaster in the making.

As predicted the circling of the wagons begins

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The service that Scott Robertson has given junior football over the years deserves a bit more respect than this bile on a public forum especially coming from one of his fellow members. Your own track record of causing conflict and disharmony does not bode well for the future. I hope for the sake of Junior football in the West I am proved wrong but this looks like a disaster in the making.

There's nothing like defending the indefensible.
As a person elected to represent the clubs he has went out of his way to inconvenience many of them including my own over the years . Made a rod for his own back & if he gets voted back in next year I really fear for the the future of our game .
In fact I would have to also consider if I found out the clubs who voted for him whether I would want to give them my hard earned cash in the future

1 minute ago, fan of the juniors said:

There's nothing like defending the indefensible.
As a person elected to represent the clubs he has went out of his way to inconvenience many of them including my own over the years . Made a rod for his own back & if he gets voted back in next year I really fear for the the future of our game .
In fact I would have to also consider if I found out the clubs who voted for him whether I would want to give them my hard earned cash in the future

A kilbirnie supporter with a job. We live in strange times indeed

3 hours ago, Football crazy 09 said:

Remind me how many years of service poor old much-maligned Sepp Blatter "gave" to FIFA ......

15 hours ago, Westender1904 said:

Firstly Ayrshire is not irrelevant it is an integral part of the west region as is Central. Secondly whilst fans do have a right to voice their opinions, that's it unless they choose to get on the committee or help out the club on match days, close season preparation, repairs and improvements. 

There is no longer an Ayrshire Association nor a Central Association just like there has not been a Lanarkshire Association for many a year. This retention of the Ayrshire District carry on was to placate clubs who were unsure about voting through the Super Leagues. Its the West of Scotland , Districts are gone

Nonsense. Length of tenure does not justify inadequacy or failures, whether recent or longstanding. Robertson is suffocating that game. If you support no change, you too are culpable as the Juniors suffer a slow death.

6 hours ago, clash city rocker said:

There is no longer an Ayrshire Association nor a Central Association just like there has not been a Lanarkshire Association for many a year. This retention of the Ayrshire District carry on was to placate clubs who were unsure about voting through the Super Leagues. Its the West of Scotland , Districts are gone

You miss the point Ayrshire is not irrelevant just the same as the Central teams are not either! , was talking teams not districts

7 hours ago, ShahktarYerMaw said:

Do Pollok support Robertson?

I have no idea as I have not been on the committee since 2009. However the last person to stand against him (iirc) was from Pollok and he is still a serving Lok official.

18 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

What is your opinion on Junior clubs working towards eventually becoming a part of the Pyramid, do you believe that full integration with all non-league clubs in the same league system is the best way forward for Junior clubs?

As the West Region Secretary, you're opinion on that issue would be a major influence.

I'm sorry, but I do not see the position of Regional Secretary as one where I should exert any influence over clubs. My remit would be to work with the guidelines laid down by the clubs.

As a neutral, I believe it is a decision that the clubs should make for themselves. They should look at all the facts and figures behind any proposals (not just Pyramid) and consider the best way forward for their club and choose accordingly without interference or fear of upsetting anyone.

18 hours ago, Football crazy 09 said:

I served on the management committee of the Region from it's formation in 2002 until I stepped down in 2015. During that time S Robertson always received my full backing and support.

I always held him in high regard and had the utmost respect for him. I defended him and his decisions on numerous occasions. I considered him a friend and colleague.

It is a pity he did not consider all of that when he launched a scandalous and malicious attack on myself via the minutes released to all the clubs in the region.

9 hours ago, ShahktarYerMaw said:

Do Pollok support Robertson?

Daft question. "Pollok" are not on here, only their supporters as individuals. As far as I'm aware no club has taken a stated position on this forthcoming election, they've not even been officially informed that there will be one.

I'm sorry, but I do not see the position of Regional Secretary as one where I should exert any influence over clubs. My remit would be to work with the guidelines laid down by the clubs.
As a neutral, I believe it is a decision that the clubs should make for themselves. They should look at all the facts and figures behind any proposals (not just Pyramid) and consider the best way forward for their club and choose accordingly without interference or fear of upsetting anyone.

When you were a member of the management committee, what was your opinion then? What was your opinion when you were connected to a club?

Well done on coming out and answering questions and taking time to post a 'manifesto' as very few would, but it ignores the elephant in the room which is going to have a massive impact in the coming few years on the Junior game.

Remember, Tom Johnston is also supposed to be neutral but has a hell of a lot to say on the pyramid and advises clubs accordingly.

3 hours ago, Kennie said:

I served on the management committee of the Region from it's formation in 2002 until I stepped down in 2015. During that time S Robertson always received my full backing and support.

I always held him in high regard and had the utmost respect for him. I defended him and his decisions on numerous occasions. I considered him a friend and colleague.

It is a pity he did not consider all of that when he launched a scandalous and malicious attack on myself via the minutes released to all the clubs in the region.

Whit did he say about ye? Tell us, mon!

Archived