West Region Secretary

garrellburn

Kennie Young loves junior fitba any monetary rewards mean nothing to him. Its a passion to the man.

Still don't agree with keeping League Cup (It is glorified friendlies) or Ayrshire/Central Cups.. (This is West of Scotland region , Ayrshire is irrelevant)

However this man will have an excellent website social media communication for fans ,will listen to what fans think and if there is any hope in finding a long term fixture list he will pursue it.

He's a good guy. Knows his stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 12:59, archieb said:

Yes it's official, see the minutes of the March & April management committee meetings, very revealing. And on what basis could they exercise a veto?

There is no veto. I am a Life Member of the West Region and no longer attached to any club in the Region and therefore neutral. That entitles me to apply for the position.

I don't suppose there's any chance that Mr Grumpy will similarly set out his vision for the future?

Clubs who vote for the incumbent should publicly state they're doing so.

I will in turn never go to their grounds or give any of my hard earned money across to them.

Too many dinosaurs and grey hairs are ruining junior football. We're in 2017. Pass the ball. Time for change.

I'd rather have folk like kennie young who has passion for the game and a bit of fire in his belly than some of the ones that dont care

Indeed - and worse those who combine that with being destructive to the whole system in their unwillingness to change.

Pass the ball, Robertson. Time for change.

On 19/04/2017 at 11:06, archieb said:

I don't suppose there's any chance that Mr Grumpy will similarly set out his vision for the future?

If successful, and I sincerely hope that he is, one of the changes that should be championed is for prospective applicants to put forward some form of manifesto  towards  which he intends working, if successfully elected.

Frannie McNeill of Lok stood against Robertson a number of years ago in an attempt to shake things up.He came very close to succeeding however a block vote of clubs who I believe were all Lanarkshire based stopped him.

Here we are on the morning of 1st May, and we only have fixtures issued up to this Saturday. Enough said.

The whole fixture system is a joke
We have this weekends fixture away to Maybole announced, so how hard can it be to give us our final fixture against Muirkirk that will probably be the following Sat and a cup game v Talbot which should be 10th May
I have sent him an email yesterday telling him about not being happy with this situation.
How anyone can vote for him to stay on is beyond me.

51 minutes ago, Darvel Pie said:

The whole fixture system is a joke
We have this weekends fixture away to Maybole announced, so how hard can it be to give us our final fixture against Muirkirk that will probably be the following Sat and a cup game v Talbot which should be 10th May
I have sent him an email yesterday telling him about not being happy with this situation.
How anyone can vote for him to stay on is beyond me.

You'd have better luck with a telegram.

3 hours ago, glensmad said:

Here we are on the morning of 1st May, and we only have fixtures issued up to this Saturday. Enough said.

Yeah - I'm waiting to send Saturday's programme off to be printed, but guess the only thing I'm still waiting for?

Forthcoming fixtures.

Again.

ETA - That'll be us away to Girvan on Monday night, then...

Another person i would like to see involved at the highest level is Bobby Macnamara of ardrossan winton. He has been in the game all his life so has the knowledge and experience. Again passion for the game and fire in the belly. Aye me and bob havent always been on each others xmas card list but i do respect the man for what he has done in the game

Here's my letter -
Dear Secretary and club committee, I have recently sent in a letter to the Regional Secretary of the West Region of SJFA seeking election for the position of Regional Secretary of the West Region of the SJFA at the forthcoming A.G.M. of the Region. I would like to take this opportunity to ask for your club's support of my candidacy for the position. At the last A.G.M. of the Region, Scott Robertson informed the meeting that he intended to resign from his position as Secretary at the end of Season 2016/17. At the end of that meeting I informed members of the Management that I would consider applying for that vacant position. At this season's Central Sectional League Cup, I confirmed that it was my intention to apply. Since then however, Scott has indicated that he would not be resigning after all. This obviously puts a different slant on things, but it is still my intention to seek election. I therefore respectfully ask that you consider my application. I seek election based on the following pledges that I would hope the region would accept. Internet Presence. I believe that the current website we use is unattractive and minimal. I think it is time we upgraded to a stand-alone website that could be more eye-catching and informative. Something we could use as a marketing tool to promote the Region and the game in general. We should also consider better use of Facebook, Twitter, etc. Cup draws for instance could be broadcast live using this form of social media. Regional Cups We really need to have a look at the Cup Competitions within the region. The West of Scotland Cup has over the years become somewhat devalued and I think it is time to return it to its former glory, it is after all our main competition apart from the leagues and we need to treat it accordingly. The Sectional League Cups have also suffered over the years and it has become stale and uninteresting for many clubs and fans alike. Many now see it as a list of glorified friendlies. Personally, I believe they are a good way of bridging the gap between pre-season friendlies and full competitive league games at the start of the season. Johnstone Burgh's proposal for a revamp of them looks very interesting and might be worth thinking about as it could freshen it up, whilst also cutting down on the number of games involved. The Ayrshire Cup and Central Cups should continue as they are still relevant but again perhaps need a little bit more promotion. The Evening Times Cup is one that definitely needs looked at seriously. This cup involves 5 teams at present, yet it inconveniences all 64 clubs in the region, due to the need to find out the league winners so that we can squeeze this competition in at the end of the season. Some clubs therefore find they are forced to play midweek games even though there are sufficient Saturdays left to play their remaining league fixtures. I would suggest opening it back up to include cup winners and play it throughout the following season with the final near the end of the season. Marketing and Promotion I believe we should have a complete investigation into new ways of marketing and promoting the Region, the Clubs and the game in general. Gone are the days when businesses were queuing up to get involved, now we need to go out there and get them, but we need to be able to offer them something better in return than what we have at present. We should also involve the fans more and engage with them wherever possible, Facebook, Twitter, Pie & Bovril etc, why not consider Question and Answer sessions at venues throughout the region? Cup draws being made at venues and broadcast live. Fixtures and Fixture Lists I know this is a contentious issue with probably every club in the Region and there is no easy answer to this nor is there a quick fix out there waiting to be used. I fully understand the needs and reasons why a club would want advanced fixtures of more than a couple of weeks at a time. I also fully understand the reasons why this is sometimes hard to achieve. We are hampered by the weather, by postponements, by Scottish Cup replays, Scottish Cup draws, and other reasons, but I do believe with a bit of effort a more workable list can be achieved. Some of the things that would help would be to get the Cups drawn with more than just 1 round at a time, clubs being willing to use floodlights, better planning of fixtures during the worst months of weather related problems, provisional fixtures for clubs facing Cup postponements. I would make it my promise that I would look at ways to make it better. League Reconstruction I have been visiting many clubs this year as I sought to find out what level of support I might have and one of the many questions I was asked was regarding League Reconstruction and how I felt about it. My answer was always the same. It is not a question for me to decide on, that is one for the clubs. Whatever decision the clubs make would be for me to follow and administer. Regional Meetings At present there is a meeting in January and a meeting in April. I believe that this is insufficient for a region of our size. But more importantly, I believe we need to make it worthwhile attending these meetings. How can we justify fining a club £50 for non-attendance when all we offer is a 20 minute meeting where nothing of importance happens? Two cup draws were made at the January meeting this year and that was it, meeting closed. A few clubs attempted to raise topics for discussion, but were informed that they were not appropriate and wouldn't be discussed. Why? What's wrong with talking about what concerns the clubs? We don't need to make decisions or take votes, but surely we can discuss matters of concern? Closing remarks These are a few of the issues facing the Junior game and The West Region and I know there is more to the Secretary's role than these. I am however confident that I am the right candidate for the position and I would look forward to the challenges ahead as the Region moves forward into a new era. I also see the role as one of administration of the policies and rules democratically laid down by the clubs and would seek to follow whatever road the clubs send me on. I would have an 'open door' policy and would welcome emails, messages, phone calls, social media or whatever method you care to use to contact me.   Kennie Young

Great letter very refreshing and it is very similar to things I think need changed as do a few of my friends who support other clubs agree my main issues are the sectional cup evening times cup which interfere with the league this needs addressed good luck and hope you get sufficient support

52 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

What are the OP's views on the pyramid system?

1. Garrelburn is the OP. Do you mean Kennie?

2. Which pyramid system? What the SFA deludedly imagines to be one? Or the sort of proper pyramid system that operates in nearly every other country that's a member of FIFA?

5 hours ago, wintonfan said:

Another person i would like to see involved at the highest level is Bobby Macnamara of ardrossan winton. He has been in the game all his life so has the knowledge and experience. Again passion for the game and fire in the belly. Aye me and bob havent always been on each others xmas card list but i do respect the man for what he has done in the game

Bobby is already on the management committee and I look forward to working with him.

Archived