garrellburn

West Region Secretary

294 posts in this topic

All junior clubs in the West Region have received an email from Kenny Young, Yoker Atrhletic, announcing his intention to stand for the position of General Secretary at the forthcoming AGM. He has set out his position with regard to many of the matters which have been concerning clubs for some time.

Discuss.

16 minutes ago, garrellburn said:

All junior clubs in the West Region have received an email from Kenny Young, Yoker Atrhletic, announcing his intention to stand for the position of General Secretary at the forthcoming AGM. He has set out his position with regard to many of the matters which have been concerning clubs for some time.

Discuss.

Please no

44 minutes ago, garrellburn said:

Discuss.

Not from Yoker Athletic

As very few of us will have access to club email, is there any possibility the letter can be reproduced here?

The letter would presumably be issued to Club Secretaries only for them to discuss with their Committees and then instruct their representative to the A.G.M. on how to vote on behalf of the Club.

5 hours ago, garrellburn said:

Discuss.

Surely no the Kenny Young that was at Lugar

2 hours ago, archieb said:

As very few of us will have access to club email, is there any possibility the letter can be reproduced here?

If Kennie wants it to be made public, I'm sure he will post the contents on here.

6 hours ago, garrellburn said:

Discuss.

1 hour ago, Chis said:

The letter would presumably be issued to Club Secretaries only for them to discuss with their Committees and then instruct their representative to the A.G.M. on how to vote on behalf of the Club.

I'm informed that Pollok FC have received no such email.

9 minutes ago, glensmad said:

If Kennie wants it to be made public, I'm sure he will post the contents on here.

If he doesn't it's not going to be much of a discussion.

3 hours ago, glensmad said:

As he sent it out to (presumably all) club delegates it is hardly being kept a secret. I won't copy and paste it on here, that is for himself to do if he is serious about canvassing support for his nomimation.

Maybe Theresa May has eclipsed his campaign with her announcement this morning!

I don't suppose there's any chance that Mr Grumpy will similarly set out his vision for the future?

I don't suppose there's any chance that Mr Grumpy will similarly set out his vision for the future?

b742ac307f3af0397d59d64be870d6a3.jpg

So is this now official that Kennie is standing, or can it be vetoed by the SJFA current committee? Just wondering as some of the comments and criticisms in Kennie's letter will not endear him to the beaks. Fair play to him though for having the cajoonas.

1 hour ago, archieb said:

He doesn't have a vision for the future.  He just ambles along in his own wee world. 

32 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

So is this now official that Kennie is standing, or can it be vetoed by the SJFA current committee? Just wondering as some of the comments and criticisms in Kennie's letter will not endear him to the beaks. Fair play to him though for having the cajoonas.

Yes it's official, see the minutes of the March & April management committee meetings, very revealing. And on what basis could they exercise a veto?

2 hours ago, archieb said:

His vision of the future going by his fixture allocation barely extends beyond the end of the week!

Well done Kennie.A very positive message.I pretty much agree with everything you say..The best of luck