Theresa May Statement - 11:15

ICTChris

10 minutes ago, stonedsailor said:

No thanks, not whilst there are scabby dogs in the street. I appreciate the offer though.

I think the point is that these people, who cannot even comprehend the anatomy of a plant are afforded a vote.

Aye, when you spoil your ballot you'll be striking a blow for arseholes everywhere, got it.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be happy enough with this if I were Sturgeon. May had said that the process of negotiating Brexit must come before anything else, but now she has decided to prioritise increasing her own parliamentary majority and consequently undermined her previously stated position. There is an open goal somewhere there for the SNP with an eye to a future referendum. 

I love general elections, to be honest. Very pleased that this is happening, as sad as that undoubtedly is. 

44 minutes ago, stonedsailor said:

There is no-one deserving of my vote but I shall cast a paper so that I keep my entitlement to moan.

You sheep keep putting your crosses where they tell you to put them.

I want revolutionary communism and the death of the aristocratic elite as much as anyone but ideological purity doesn't take precedence over saving the lives the Tories are destroying at this minute. Get your head out your arse and do some good that goes beyond feeling superior on a football forum.

Just now, DrewDon said:

I would be happy enough with this if I were Sturgeon. May had said that the process of negotiating Brexit must come before anything else, but now she has decided to prioritise increasing her own parliamentary majority and consequently undermined her previously stated position. There is an open goal somewhere there for the SNP with an eye to a future referendum. 

I love general elections, to be honest. Very pleased that this is happening, as sad as that undoubtedly is. 

Mind when people on here were talking about May's strong leadership? :lol: Fucking clown car collective in that cabinet.

This is a vote to consolidate May's position and give her some democratic credibility, and to delay another election till Brexit is complete. Means she doesn't risk the British people voting against whatever shitty Brexit deal she negotiates in a GE. The numbers will stay much the same, Lib Dems might pick up a few from Remainers in England, SNP will find it hard to do any better than last time, Labour might lose a few but they're more or less down to safe seats already, some UKIP votes will go Tory.

51 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

f**k me, do you think you're making a point or something?

Needles have a point as well as an eye. I think we're on the verge of proving something.

It's clear that May wants to increase her majority before the full extent of the Brexit clusterfuck becomes apparent. These clownshoes are willing to walk away with no deal, which is looking pretty likely.

The extra 2 years will also give them more time for gerrymandering boundary changes.

I can genuinely see SLab in 4th with zero seats in Scotland

Lib Dems somehow keep the the Northern Isles one

Tories having between 1 and 4

Rest SNP

And if this happening 5 weeks after the battering they are about to get in the council elections just a couple of months of suicidal misery for anyone involved with SLab.

7 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Not totally certain that may will increase the majority if remain voters down south started to vote tactically against tories. Hung parliament would be hilarious even more so if snp kept 50 + seats.

I've definitely read that the tories fear all the LibDem seats they won last time round will are already lost

Guest Bob Mahelp
9 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

I can genuinely see SLab in 4th with zero seats in Scotland

Lib Dems somehow keep the the Northern Isles one

Tories having between 1 and 4

Rest SNP

And if this happening 5 weeks after the battering they are about to get in the council elections just a couple of months of suicidal misery for anyone involved with SLab.

I'm wondering where the Tories will grab another 3 seats from in Scotland ?

Mundell was lucky to hold onto his seat last time and there'll be a concerted effort from the SNP in the next 2 months to try and get him out this time.

I don't think the Tories got close to any other seat in May 2015. The FPTP system doesn't allow them the leeway of claiming MP's because they finish in a distant 2nd or 3rd place.

I suspect that the LibDems could make a comeback in their traditional strongholds like the Borders and north-east Fife, and maybe the Highlands.

Whatever happens, it's likely that the SNP will quite naturally fail to hit the high points of a couple of years ago, and even though they'll probably win around 85% of the seats in Scotland the Unionists will still scream about the country rejecting a second referendum.

God, I hate the Tories.

15 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'm wondering where the Tories will grab another 3 seats from in Scotland ?

Mundell was lucky to hold onto his seat last time and there'll be a concerted effort from the SNP in the next 2 months to try and get him out this time.

I don't think the Tories got close to any other seat in May 2015. The FPTP system doesn't allow them the leeway of claiming MP's because they finish in a distant 2nd or 3rd place.

I suspect that the LibDems could make a comeback in their traditional strongholds like the Borders and north-east Fife, and maybe the Highlands.

Whatever happens, it's likely that the SNP will quite naturally fail to hit the high points of a couple of years ago, and even though they'll probably win around 85% of the seats in Scotland the Unionists will still scream about the country rejecting a second referendum.

God, I hate the Tories.

Looking at the seats they hold at Holyrood and thinking of rural issues and where they might do ok I see Mundell or a Borders seat,

Add one in Perthshire or Aberdeenshire

And one in Edinburgh as Slab die.

Could be wrong but don't see it as impossible.

Archived