Theresa May Statement - 11:15

ICTChris

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Anyone else feel she is doing this to try and undermine the SNP?

That's Celticesque levels of paranoia.  I doubt she even gave a single thought to the SNP when she decided this.

It's a good move though.  I expect the Tories to significantly increase their majority and Labour to be looking for another new leader.

I, though, expect to vote for whatever Lib Dem candidate our constituency puts up.

1 hour ago, renton said:

Another calculation: If the SNP lose seats at Westminster, can it  be used as a bulwark against another referendum up here?

A fair point. Would have to be utterly substantial losses for that to materialise though (IMO). Assuming these are under the old boundaries, there are probably about 7 or 8 seats that the SNP can realistically lose. 

The most telling thing for me is voter turnout, which highlight support/opposition to another referendum. You can certainly see voter fatigue playing its part. 

The snp already have their mandate. Just because unionists take a big strop about it is by the by. It was written clear as day in their SP manifesto, and tbh I don't think many people could have foreseen that set of circumstances happening.

Personally I think it'd be too risky to stick a new indyref2 policy and would invalidate the one the already have. 

8 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Anyone else feel she is doing this to try and undermine the SNP?

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

That's Celticesque levels of paranoia.  I doubt she even gave a single thought to the SNP when she decided this.

It's a good move though.  I expect the Tories to significantly increase their majority and Labour to be looking for another new leader.

I, though, expect to vote for whatever Lib Dem candidate our constituency puts up.

I'm sure taking a swipe at the SNP would be one of her motives, but certainly not the main one...

46 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Source?

I voted SNP for about 2 decades. They are blowhards who can't legislate for piss and are only interested in independence. Will that do for a source?

Was thinking this. Surely all the SNP have to do is say a vote for them is a vote for indyref2 and then thats their mandate sorted. No more arguements about what the people of Scotland want

If they do that and lose seats...

53 minutes ago, btb said:

This is the PM who said she wasn't going to call an early General Election but circumstances change so any objections the Tories want to put forward about a second IndRef have just vanished.

The choice is plain - Independence or permaTory rule.

Had she said it would be once in a generation would it have been ok for her to change her mind?

6 minutes ago, stonedsailor said:

I voted SNP for about 2 decades. They are blowhards who can't legislate for piss and are only interested in independence. Will that do for a source?

Still, could you really see yourself voting labour or Tory?

I think the only real opposition up here comes from the Green Party, they are about the only other electable party around. Would be surprised if Lib Dems did much, they have been very quiet overall.

10 minutes ago, stonedsailor said:

No, I said "source" not "someone talking shite".

2 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I think the only real opposition up here comes from the Green Party, they are about the only other electable party around. Would be surprised if Lib Dems did much, they have been very quiet overall.

No.

I will be spoiling my paper again.

This. Hilarious to even think it was about the SNP.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

No, I said "source" not "someone talking shite".

It's true. I suppose you prefer to believe the right wing MSM or a source which has been paid for by a political party to an actual person.

No wonder democracy is fucked with all you blinkered sheep.

8 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

If you are an SNP supporter maybe. Nicola says jump, Patrick says how high

Yeah best for the SNP to keep the indyref chat on the down low. Keep to the standing up for Scotland and opposing hard brexit narratives and they'll be fine. SNP vote = vote of indyref is implied anyway not need to gamble.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Mmmm....

There is no-one deserving of my vote but I shall cast a paper so that I keep my entitlement to moan.

You sheep keep putting your crosses where they tell you to put them.

Archived