THE LAST HIGHLAND DERBY (maybe)

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we have confirmation of Liam Boyce's availability for this game yet?  BBC said he would miss it, and Sky said he'd miss the Motherwell game.  Schalk will miss both.

The official confirmation will come from the updated SFA suspension list, maybe that will be published later in the week.

Im 99% certain Boyce will miss the game after the derby: it takes 14 days for the six-yellow suspension to kick in and the derby is within 14 days of the sixth booking.

surprise

I'm sure that there was a time when both Highland teams would be happy to see the other suffer misfortune and I can remember the suspicion that surrounded the Forfar 0-4 scoreline a decade ago, but times have changed and I'm sure that in these austere times both clubs need each other more than ever.

I hope that common sense can prevail and an outcome that is mutually beneficial is fully considered.

1 minute ago, sophia said:

surprise

I'm sure that there was a time when both Highland teams would be happy to see the other suffer misfortune and I can remember the suspicion that surrounded the Forfar 0-4 scoreline a decade ago, but times have changed and I'm sure that in these austere times both clubs need each other more than ever.

I hope that common sense can prevail and an outcome that is mutually beneficial is fully considered.

Get. 

Doon. 

I love Highland derbies.  It reminds me of the time that thescarf is reminded of the time that two County fans said they prefer Caley losing than County winning.

I am one of the two.  When Caley lose:

giphy.gif

When County win:

giphy.gif

But combine them both:

8PsTGAg.gif

After going down to Motherwell last weekend, this game fills me with nothing but dread.

Must remember to charge up my phone for the protest though.

Ross County's league record this season when Andrew Davies hasn't played:

• Lost 0-2 H St Johnstone
  • Lost 2-3 A Killie
  • Lost 1-2 H Motherwell
  • Lost 1-2 H Killie

Each of those games had some terrible defending to concede goals IIRC:

• St Johnstone had McEveley letting Kane get goal-side then running through the back of him to concede the pen for the opener;
  • Killie had Boyd score within seconds of KO because Quinn got caught out of position after his first header;
  • Motherwell had McEveley let a routine pass skid under his studs to go straight through to McDonald for the opener; and
  • Killie had Quinn caught way out of position to misjudge a jump for a header for Boyd's winner.

I'm guessing the back four will be Naismith | Fraser | whoever is fit out of Quinn or McEveley | Van der Weg.  If Quinn and McEveley are both out then Naismith and Fraser each tuck in one and Tumilty will make his second start.

Spoiler

:osama::osama::osama:

I reckon Jimbo will go back to 4-4-2 with Boyce and Curran up front.  Someone in midfield will have to drop out and I think that will be either Dow or O'Brien, even if they've both been very good in their last couple of appearances.

Spoiler

Fox

Naismith | Fraser | ??? | Van der Weg

O'Brien | Chow | Woods | Gardyne

Boyce | Curran

Archived