THE LAST HIGHLAND DERBY (maybe)

32 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

And not one of your fans racially abused any of our players.  You've got the team you deserve, IMO.

We should have invaded the pitch IMO.

Just watched the highlights on the BBC site. Mulraney was very lucky not to be sent off.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Be shite with no derby games next season, would like to see ICT stay up but after last nights showing they've absolutely chucked it.
What a player Boyce is, that header was class. To think he was being played in centre mid for the best part of 3 months too :lol:

That's as pretty much spot on as a post can be.

41 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

Today Dundee seem to be making sure that that merge-y ICT club, (that Caledonian-supporting PRS may or may not be able to get over) are not likely to achieve the play-off spot now. Sad days indeed.

You never get any breaks when you're stuck at the bottom.

I think last night was the most insipid derby performance I have ever seen from Caley.  Even when we've been murdered 3-0 countless times by Caley at least we created some chances and had a bit more fight.  Caley accepted their defeat as soon as Esson gifted Boyce the first goal.  After that it was pretty easy, and Caley just capitulated.

With the way the results went today, Caley can win all four games and still go down.  I doubt you will even get one win.  Lastly:

8PsTGAg.gif

Vigurs (or Virus as the spellchecker has him) clearly is still a Staggie, as the song goes. But now that Agent Vigurs' work is done, I wouldn't have him back. 

He was very different in the Captain and Sweeping Defensive Midfielder role. "Disciplined" you could say. Previously we could more or less rely on him for at least one episode of violence. I don't like to get too personal about individuals but suffice to say I didn't think he was his former self in terms of fitness either.

Could be a while before they are back up - altogether, the end of the Inverness Premiership Era just leaves quite a few of us a bit sad. Though there was a short burst from our fans of "We Are Staying Up" I appreciated that the County support didn't go for the "You're going Down" song (as far as I could hear). A bit of respect for your loss.

12 hours ago, pittsburgh phil said:

The guy in the shades pointing an imaginary gun there sums up ICT's season. He looks like he wants to be raging but can only muster an apathetic pointing gesture.

Nope.  It's the woman at the top right that sums it all up.

Vigurs Arrow.jpg

1 hour ago, pittsburgh phil said:

The guy in the shades pointing an imaginary gun there sums up ICT's season. He looks like he wants to be raging but can only muster an apathetic pointing gesture.

He's a cool fucker. IMO. I like the pensioner flicking the v's as well.:lol:

5 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Vigurs has been a double agent for another feckin 10 teams this season. If yas didn't take the pisshh then yous are a bunch of saddos.

I'll miss Caley. I won't miss you. 

12 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Nope.  It's the woman at the top right that sums it all up.

One of my old Chemistry & Physics teachers. Her brother is as staunch a County man as you can get too.

20 minutes ago, Spain said:

One of my old Chemistry & Physics teachers. Her brother is as staunch a County man as you can get too.

Not uncommon in my experience

15 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

There so much going on in that photo.  The guy bottom left is ex-Caley Thistle player Martin Lisle as well (I think).

I think the score is 2-1 but it might be 10-0.  Hard to tell.  Either way, cool shades dude thinks Iain Vigurs is the man.

On  a serious note, this photo tells you absolutely everything about Iain Vigurs relationship to the Highland derby.

Archived