THE LAST HIGHLAND DERBY (maybe)

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are utter vomit. We are rank rotten and as such deserve the drop, you'd struggle find to find a Caley Thistle fan who thinks otherwise. I've supported ICT since the team was founded in 1994 and that is certainly the worst result I can remember. Richie Foran was put in a position out of his depth because the eternally penny-pinching board saw him as a cheap option. They have been at fault for ages - we finished third and won the Scottish Cup, and recently had ownership of our stadium gifted to us, where has that money gone? - and Kenny Cameron, the chairman in particular has to answer for it. Whatever their punditry abilities, Charlie Christie and Barry Wilson genuinely care about the club, as does Foran, and that came over in their post-match comments. Problem is that no-one on the board has that passion for the club, or any clue about football it seems. That's been the case for years and it has finally come back to bite us on the arse.

We're a mid-table second-tier team at the moment, if that. Not even angry, the league doesn't lie over the course of a season and we are total pish. Only positive is that other Scots further south could learn a bit from the Highland derby which we probably aren't going to see for a while, shown by some of the comments here. Rivalry, not hatred.

Seen the score this morning so thought I'd read this and see some hilarious ICT meltdowns.

Ended up reading Dundee fans raging at everyone instead.

Christ.

Seen the score this morning so thought I'd read this and see some hilarious ICT meltdowns.

Ended up reading Dundee fans raging at everyone instead.

Christ.

You can f**k off aswell.

7 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Dylan Dykes couldn't have had an easier debut, cigaring his way through the last 20 minutes.

I was really impressed.  He was doing that Paul Lawson (sigh) thing of coming deep and just demanding the ball.  I realise it was against ten men, but he looked pretty composed for an under 20 guy making his first team debut (has he really not played before?).

Dykes looks like he's got a good first touch and can splay a pass. We've missed a composed playmaker in the middle, I hope he can progress into that role.

As for the game, I've never seen such a spineless Caley team. Usually in these games it's one of their players who stands up and takes the game by the scruff of the neck but this time it was all eleven County players that did it. Wasn't keen on JMac's side on the teamsheets but it paid off big style. Fraser and Naismith looked comfortable (against a powder puff attack) and O'Brien was absolutely outstanding. 

If we can play like that in the last four games I think we'll be absolutely fine.

As for Caley they need to go down and rebuild. They've got a lot of deadwood to clear out.

This makes the Motherwell Dundee game even more crucial today - ICT will need a Motherwell win otherwise the gap will be up to 7pts (6 if it's a draw). With their goal difference I'd struggle to see how ICT could get 7/8 points in the remaining 4 games.

We are utter vomit. We are rank rotten and as such deserve the drop, you'd struggle find to find a Caley Thistle fan who thinks otherwise. I've supported ICT since the team was founded in 1994 and that is certainly the worst result I can remember. Richie Foran was put in a position out of his depth because the eternally penny-pinching board saw him as a cheap option. They have been at fault for ages - we finished third and won the Scottish Cup, and recently had ownership of our stadium gifted to us, where has that money gone? - and Kenny Cameron, the chairman in particular has to answer for it. Whatever their punditry abilities, Charlie Christie and Barry Wilson genuinely care about the club, as does Foran, and that came over in their post-match comments. Problem is that no-one on the board has that passion for the club, or any clue about football it seems. That's been the case for years and it has finally come back to bite us on the arse.
We're a mid-table second-tier team at the moment, if that. Not even angry, the league doesn't lie over the course of a season and we are total pish. Only positive is that other Scots further south could learn a bit from the Highland derby which we probably aren't going to see for a while, shown by some of the comments here. Rivalry, not hatred.

I understand your pain but I seriously doubt there ever was that much money. They probably took the cheap option because they couldn't afford much more. As you said yourself Foran has real passion for the club. Us provincial clubs go up and down. You will return and the championship can be a lot of fun. Keep the heid man.

I've met you Jimmy, there was only 1 moron present, and it wasn't me. You are fat, moronic mess who looks and acts like a beast.

When did you meet me? :lol:

I am the exact opposite of fat.

At least you didn't deny you look and act like a beast.

See you later Jimmy the Beast.

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

At least you didn't deny you look and act like a beast.

See you later Jimmy the Beast.

Ooooft. 

Creating imaginary meetings with strangers from the internet is very odd behaviour, Fifespud. You should probably seek help. You're obviously a very deranged individual. 

This makes the Motherwell Dundee game even more crucial today - ICT will need a Motherwell win otherwise the gap will be up to 7pts (6 if it's a draw). With their goal difference I'd struggle to see how ICT could get 7/8 points in the remaining 4 games.

Caley are down mate, it's all about the playoff position now.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Pains me to say it but after last night I struggle to see where they'll gat a point never mind 7 or 8.

Be shite with no derby games next season, would like to see ICT stay up but after last nights showing they've absolutely chucked it.

What a player Boyce is, that header was class. To think he was being played in centre mid for the best part of 3 months too :lol:

Archived