THE LAST HIGHLAND DERBY (maybe)

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is something like 10 times higher than our win percentage.

I'll head along to this. Tremarco being out is a blow. I'd guess that McNaughton or Raven will play at left back? We still don't seem to be performing well at all despite our plight. No one really seems to be stepping up for us save for maybe Alex Fisher. Wouldn't mind seeing him start given it looks like he actually gives a toss whether we win games.

Going to be quite a night I think. Caley fighting for their lives and will be desperate for the points (obviously), however we're not in much less need of the points ourselves. As they say the form book goes out the window with derbies so I really don't know which way to call this one. Looking forward to it though. If Caley lose surely it's curtains for their top flight status, and as much as its always good to put one over your neighbours I won't be celebrating their relegation. Can never figure out why ICT don't get more support from the businesses and public in what is a reasonably prosperous city in Inverness, find that really poor.

On 24/04/2017 at 14:15, Spain said:

I'm going to stick my neck out, I don't think either Quinn or McEveley will start. I think we'll see Tumilty, Naismith, Fraser & Kenny.

On 24/04/2017 at 15:14, bunglebonce said:

A back four with an average age of 22.5.

If that turns out to be the case then McIntyre needs to use it as a strength.  Play a really high line for the opening 20 mins or so, keep the tempo high, get Boyce and Curran to press from the front and keep the play in ICT's half.  If Alex Fisher plays up front then he won't be able to get involved; if Billy Mckay plays then the defence will have the speed to keep up.

Usually when it comes to these games there's always someone in a Caley top you know's going to have a stormer and crucify us...this time I just don't see where the danger comes from other than the semi out of sorts McKay. 

I'd hope we can see this one through without too much hassle and give ourselves a little bit of a cushion as even with a win we're still nowhere near safe from a play-off.

On 26/04/2017 at 18:41, Staggie#Wearethehighlands said:

Going to be quite a night I think. Caley fighting for their lives and will be desperate for the points (obviously), however we're not in much less need of the points ourselves. As they say the form book goes out the window with derbies so I really don't know which way to call this one. Looking forward to it though. If Caley lose surely it's curtains for their top flight status, and as much as its always good to put one over your neighbours I won't be celebrating their relegation. Can never figure out why ICT don't get more support from the businesses and public in what is a reasonably prosperous city in Inverness, find that really poor.

Probably because they play in a crap stadium and too young a club for people of a certain age to identify with; Sad really as Inverness should be able to sustain a Premiership Club

I'd say the fact that their commercial team have been utterly incompetent at times in their attitudes towards a number of local businesses probably doesn't help either. Not sure about the current team, but certainly they treated a few like shit around 8-9 years ago.

8 hours ago, PRS said:

Probably because they play in a crap stadium and too young a club for people of a certain age to identify with; Sad really as Inverness should be able to sustain a Premiership Club

If you consider the number of County fans from Inverness you could argue it does!

2 hours ago, CountyFan said:

If you consider the number of County fans from Inverness you could argue it does!

Is that ex Thistle fans or people from Dingwall who had the good sense to relocate to the Sneck?

10 minutes ago, PRS said:

Is that ex Thistle fans or people from Dingwall who had the good sense to relocate to the Sneck?

Probably a bit of both to be fair. 

It goes both ways, there are folk from over the bridge who support Caley but there's a fair number of county fans based in Inverness. 

16 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Who is this you are talking about now?

ICT's old commercial team back when they used to evict sponsors from their corporate boxes and offer them no alternative sponsorship deals. I'll tell you the story sometime.

Edit: This was back when they first got promoted to the SPL.

ICT's old commercial team back when they used to evict sponsors from their corporate boxes and offer them no alternative sponsorship deals. I'll tell you the story sometime.
Edit: This was back when they first got promoted to the SPL.

Sorry. Bad use of internet. I don't think Ross County's commercial team is much better.

Archived