Airdrie 1 v 3 Alloa

Alloa, having qualified for the playoffs, will probably rest some players. Difficult to know how this will affect them. I think it is more how we will play that matters. We can lose to anyone in this league and win against anyone (apart for Livi). Toss a coin.

Surely by the law of averages our defence is due a reasonable performance some time.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doubt we'll win tomorrow, which will help us cement a third place finish, where we'll then proceed to get battered by... Alloa (after obviously going into those games confidently giving it "well we beat them a couple of weeks of ago"). 

No doubt we'll win tomorrow, which will help us cement a third place finish, where we'll then proceed to get battered by... Alloa (after obviously going into those games confidently giving it "well we beat them a couple of weeks of ago"). 

I'll bite your hand off for that
scenario to play out.

7 hours ago, Redwedge77 said:

I'll bite your hand off for that
scenario to play out.

It would be the most Airdrie way to do things. 

Athough just to be clear, getting heavily beat today (and ultimately missing out all together) isn't out the equation either!

14 hours ago, waysider said:

Surely by the law of averages our defence is due a reasonable performance some time.

Dictionary corner disagrees:

Gambler's Fallacy

/ɡambləs faləsi/

The mistaken belief that, if something happens more frequently than normal during some period, it will happen less frequently in the future, or that, if something happens less frequently than normal during some period, it will happen more frequently in the future (presumably as a means of balancing nature).In situations where what is being observed is truly random, this belief, though appealing to the human mind, is false. This fallacy can arise in many practical situations, but is most strongly associated with gambling where such mistakes are common among players.

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Dictionary corner disagrees:

Gambler's Fallacy

/ɡambləs faləsi/

The mistaken belief that, if something happens more frequently than normal during some period, it will happen less frequently in the future, or that, if something happens less frequently than normal during some period, it will happen more frequently in the future (presumably as a means of balancing nature).In situations where what is being observed is truly random, this belief, though appealing to the human mind, is false. This fallacy can arise in many practical situations, but is most strongly associated with gambling where such mistakes are common among players.

In fairness to old Waysnider maybe he probably has just got the equivalent to "Gamblers Fallacy" as he has a rather simple mind at the best of times.

But the current Airdrie team, defensively in particular,  is terribly inexperienced and there will come a time when Ferguson, Stewart, McIntosh and Gorman will have collectively learned from the repeated rookie mistakes and actually start putting it all together.

22 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

Rotten Rohan at it again

Clubs own fault. They thought it would be easy to put young inexperienced players in the team that they could then sell on for a good return. How they've messed up big time as there's no back up to this plan. Instead a young goalie could be ruined for quite a while. 

Another long range effort from Kirkpatrick. Controlled it and took it really well.

I only remember 1 of his goals so far this season coming from inside the box and that was up in Peterhead. Any others I've forgot?

Another long range effort from Kirkpatrick. Controlled it and took it really well.

I only remember 1 of his goals so far this season coming from inside the box and that was up in Peterhead. Any others I've forgot?

There's been one or two. Goal at Stranraer being one of them. Still and incredible goalscoring season he's had.

Not much between the two today to be honest. Thought that effectively a mistake by Ferguson cost us a point. Again, as said last week and the week before etc, he looks so short of confidence and could do with a spell out  - no point/need to say much more than that given there isnt anyone else  

All to play for in the last two games although we'd now need to play well over 6 games to achieve promotion. No chance then!

Whisper it quietly, Mensing actually got pass marks today I thought. 

Absolute disgrace. Was like being in a doctors waiting room the first half with the atmosphere nobody gives a toss anymore.

I wanted Alloa to get a second an put us out our misery.

Hopefully east fife and Queen's Park pump us in our next few games so there is absolutely no way of justifying this complete shambles of an operation.

Archived