Airdrie 1 v 3 Alloa

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be interesting if Hoggan, Hynd & Martin get a start. Want to keep up winning feeling and match sharp for the main guys but for 3 games that our fate is decided it would be good to get these guys in and give Andy etc. a well earned break for PO.

If it's not the likes of them starting I can see Longworth & Robertson who have been out of favour recently getting back in. Guest appearance from the gaffer? [emoji12]

"I will be resting certain key players."

"We will certainly be making changes over the next couple of weeks, and I want to give some of the fringe players a run because they have been so patient and supportive of the boys who are getting picked."

Goody

Thanks lads, top work.

I think the likes of Holmes and Flannigan will be wrapped in cotton wool. Might give McDowall a shot in the goals, McCluskey and Robertson to come in. Probably still a strong enough starting 11 though.

The final game at Peterhead I would (rightly) expect us not to give a toss about, but wouldn't like us to potentially gift wrap the point to relegate Bomber at Stenny. 

Thanks lads, top work.
I think the likes of Holmes and Flannigan will be wrapped in cotton wool. Might give McDowall a shot in the goals, McCluskey and Robertson to come in. Probably still a strong enough starting 11 though.
The final game at Peterhead I would (rightly) expect us not to give a toss about, but wouldn't like us to potentially gift wrap the point to relegate Bomber at Stenny. 

Yeah, would expect Holmer and Flanny to get a rest. Possibly wee Kev too, althoughhe seems to he able to run for 90 minutes no problem.

Also Robertson, Hetherington and Longworth should start. Kirkpatrick can be eased back to full fitness as well over the next couple of weeks.

I wouldn't start any of the youngsters though.

Would like to see Hoggan come in for Andy. Andy worked his socks of all seasons, a wee 2 weeks or so rest before the play offs will do him good. Hoggan deserves a crack at it. Either that or alongside Andy for experience but surely he deserves a break if other key players are getting them.

10 hours ago, printer said:

Yeah, would expect Holmer and Flanny to get a rest. Possibly wee Kev too, althoughhe seems to he able to run for 90 minutes no problem.

Also Robertson, Hetherington and Longworth should start. Kirkpatrick can be eased back to full fitness as well over the next couple of weeks.

I wouldn't start any of the youngsters though.

I agree with this. We might need to fully utilise the squad in play-offs- this is a far bigger priority than playing youngsters for the sake of it. Last game of the season vs Peterhead, might be an idea to give Declan McDonald a wee run from the bench or something. But unless the manager is planning to use them in the play-offs I think its pointless to use the remaining games in that way.

8 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

Would like to see Hoggan come in for Andy. Andy worked his socks of all seasons, a wee 2 weeks or so rest before the play offs will do him good. Hoggan deserves a crack at it. Either that or alongside Andy for experience but surely he deserves a break if other key players are getting them.

I think centre back is probably one of the last positions where players are in need of a rest or a break. Unless he has a knock that needs cleared up, I'd keep him ticking over- certainly for the next two games.

Yeah. Fair enough. Get where you're coming from. However, think Hoggan is one of the most promising youngsters we've got. Would like to see him involved in some way before the play-offs. Possibly in midfield as he plays there for reserves but then again we have Robbo and Stevie to come in there. Definitely a hard team for a youngster to break into!

I think centre back is probably one of the last positions where players are in need of a rest or a break. Unless he has a knock that needs cleared up, I'd keep him ticking over- certainly for the next two games.

Agreed. I think its important for the defence as a unit to continue together. Nothing to be gained from tinkering with it at this stage. There's good reason Jim G keeps the same back four every week, injuries excepting.

I think by the comments made by jim, there was no mention of any youngsters starting, by fringe i think he meant the likes of stevie roberson mccluskey and mcd.

I think its games we'd still want to win, hardwork starts now..very important to keep a winning momentum.

Christ knows how but our fate remains in our own hands and this game is crucial. Hope Goodwin plays as he almost single handedly gifted Airdrie the game last time Alloa visited. That said, he did all but finish the career of our captain too.

More apprehensive than excited, hope the team turn up and realise what is at stake. 

Archived