Livingston FC the champions 22/4 match thread

We were the better side until Livi scored and then lost the plot. Sitter from Foy, good save from the keeper and one off the line. I think everyone in the stadium saw the penalty incident except from the referee and assistant. Ludicrous.

However, at the end of the day, you can't lose 4-0 and blame the ref for it. We didn't come out in the second half and it was the easiest of wins for Livi in the end. We're still in the hunt and hopefully we can go into the final day with something to play for.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, AMC13 said:

Queen's Park fans have been bumping their gums about beating us a couple of times and they have been questioning us but today we showed our true strength and showed them why we're the champions, never question us again we might not be so lenient next time. You're lucky we stopped at four the Amber Machine rolled over Gus' Bus today.

Being a big team gloryhunter you've obviously missed what really happened. At 1-0 we were still well in the game and Gus, from his detention cell, pulled off a back liner and replaced him with a forward. At the same time, due to an injury to our replacement RB (regular starter out injured), our LB went over to the right and his place was filled by a young development player. Keen to try and win the game, Gus then took our RB off and replaced him with another forward. Almost immediately you scored your second as the team was adjusting. Hopkins clearly spotted this and swapped some of your forwards to kill the game, which is what happened. Of the five QP defenders who started the game, only two finished. We ended up playing 3-5-3 against the top scorers in the league. The Gus Bus had lost it's rear axle and the final outcome was inevitable.

Good luck next season, worthy winners this term. It's easy to say that with a big professional squad it's what should have happened but it still had to be done and the final stats prove it was done with some comfort. Enjoy your day next week.

Off the park, QP fans won by about 20-0. No danger! Good banter all round. 

Being a big team gloryhunter you've obviously missed what really happened. At 1-0 we were still well in the game and Gus, from his detention cell, pulled off a back liner and replaced him with a forward. At the same time, due to an injury to our replacement RB (regular starter out injured), our LB went over to the right and his place was filled by a young development player. Keen to try and win the game, Gus then took our RB off and replaced him with another forward. Almost immediately you scored your second as the team was adjusting. Hopkins clearly spotted this and swapped some of your forwards to kill the game, which is what happened. Of the five QP defenders who started the game, only two finished. We ended up playing 3-5-3 against the top scorers in the league. The Gus Bus had lost it's rear axle and the final outcome was inevitable.

Good luck next season, worthy winners this term. It's easy to say that with a big professional squad it's what should have happened but it still had to be done and the final stats prove it was done with some comfort. Enjoy your day next week.

Off the park, QP fans won by about 20-0. No danger! Good banter all round. 

[emoji6]

If I'm honest I genuinely would love to see Queen's Park up. Great wee team with fans who have good humour and every time I popped into the Clyde threads last season I saw Queen's Park fans winding them up and making them rage. So good luck for the rest of the season and you never know if you do come up with us we might even let you have more points of us [emoji4].

2 hours ago, an86 said:

We were the better side until Livi scored and then lost the plot. Sitter from Foy, good save from the keeper and one off the line. I think everyone in the stadium saw the penalty incident except from the referee and assistant. Ludicrous.

However, at the end of the day, you can't lose 4-0 and blame the ref for it. We didn't come out in the second half and it was the easiest of wins for Livi in the end. We're still in the hunt and hopefully we can go into the final day with something to play for.

Dunno, we won 4-0 and I was blaming the ref, he was shockingly bad. You nearly scored after fouling our defender. Then Halkett got booked after being fouled, and the foul going to QP. So many bad decisions I can't list them or i'd be writing for half an hour. Had to laugh when we got booked for not taking the throw in quick enough when we were winning 3-0, as QP were clearly going to come back with the timeleft if we'd hurried up a bit, yet your number 3 dropped the ball twice, 2nd time after one of our players picked it up and gave it to him, refusing to take the throw in during the Gus sending off debacle and never even got a warning from the ref.

Anyway, on the positives, great seeing us being able to play 16 and 17 year olds the last 2 weeks, Knox looked comfortable on the ball and doesn't look out of place playing the full 90 mins, and Ogilvie did well when he came on too, We're playing a lot of fringe players and youngsters and still looking pretty decent. The onus was on QP to get something from the game and that worked in our favour, they couldn't afford to sit in this time, esp after going behind.

Hope there are highlights put up, would like to see Mullen's goal again, lovely wee overhead kick over the keepers head. Gallagher strolled into the box and unselfishly laid it off to Josh Mullen for our 3rd and was well stuck away too.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Just live the dream 8)

That was Gretna wasn't it, turned into a nightmare for them when Mileson became ill and died.

Ours is Roaring back, then going into the 3rd div and roaring back again, then being relegated and roaring back again...........................................

We've never been described as a big team before, and I've certainly never been described as a glory hunter for supporting Livi either :blink::lol:

Don't let anyone fool you Andy. We are fucking MASSIVE.

That was a sore one; nothing really went right.  We should have had a penalty in the first half.  Once again we have the situation where an incident happens right in front of the person running the line and they don't signal for it.  This current arrangement is making the game a farce.  Thought the officials were very poor; no wonder mild-mannered Gus lost the rag.

Lost two bad goals and the third looked like it followed a foul on Cummins.  Was the fourth offside?  Plenty of people claimed it was but the lineswoman just patted the top of her head which was a bit strange.

Unfortunately that gives a right kicking to our goal difference, but I reckon that it's still in our own hands.  We just need to sort ourselves out for the last two games.

16 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

That was a sore one; nothing really went right.  We should have had a penalty in the first half.  Once again we have the situation where an incident happens right in front of the person running the line and they don't signal for it.  This current arrangement is making the game a farce.  Thought the officials were very poor; no wonder mild-mannered Gus lost the rag.

Lost two bad goals and the third looked like it followed a foul on Cummins.  Was the fourth offside?  Plenty of people claimed it was but the lineswoman just patted the top of her head which was a bit strange.

Unfortunately that gives a right kicking to our goal difference, but I reckon that it's still in our own hands.  We just need to sort ourselves out for the last two games.

Shame. Thought Gus' mentality had it for yous as well.

Tbf we should've had a clear penalty given to us in the 2nd half.

I did have a degree of sympathy about the penalty QP should've got, was a massive call and could've been a red as well, but then I saw the fans going ape shit, was absolutely fantastic, the guy running down from the top of the stand to the bottom to wave his glasses had me in stitches :lol:

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

Tbf we should've had a clear penalty given to us in the 2nd half.

I did have a degree of sympathy about the penalty QP should've got, was a massive call and could've been a red as well, but then I saw the fans going ape shit, was absolutely fantastic, the guy running down from the top of the stand to the bottom to wave his glasses had me in stitches :lol:

Yeah when Mullen was pushed in the back. When they went through to hit the bar we should've had a foul too. The whole game was littered with bad refereeing decisions.

Oh and Josh Mullin was done out of a perfectly good goal in the 1-0 defeat at Hampden, by wrongly being flagged offside.

17 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Oh and Josh Mullin was done out of a perfectly good goal in the 1-0 defeat at Hampden, by wrongly being flagged offside.

Oh ffs, let it go man :lol: I think it's perfectly reasonable for both sets of fans to have a good whinge about the standard of officiating on Saturday but at least that was only 2 days ago not going back 7 months.

Foy's header was the big chance for me, he has to score that. Don't think it was up to the lineswoman to flag for the penalty, she should only get involved if it's her side or the ref is unsighted. The ref is looking right at it and was well positioned. We were well beaten after we lost the opening goal but I was quite surprised how much we opened up in the second half when chasing the game. I'd be very surprised if goal difference isn't a deciding factor in who makes the play offs 

Just now, Mick1867 said:

Oh ffs, let it go man :lol: I think it's perfectly reasonable for both sets of fans to have a good whinge about the standard of officiating on Saturday but at least that was only 2 days ago not going back 7 months.

Foy's header was the big chance for me, he has to score that. Don't think it was up to the lineswoman to flag for the penalty, she should only get involved if it's her side or the ref is unsighted. The ref is looking right at it and was well positioned. We were well beaten after we lost the opening goal but I was quite surprised how much we opened up in the second half when chasing the game. I'd be very surprised if goal difference isn't a deciding factor in who makes the play offs 

Still relevant when QP fans are moaning about an offside goal against us, esp when it was our 4th goal and scored in the 90th minute when they game was well won. Mullin's would've given us the push to go on and take all 3 points in that game but the wrong decision gave QP all 3 points.

Didn't make any difference in the end as we won the league comfortably.

The 4th goal wasn't offside. The defender deliberately played the ball with his head (hence the lineswoman patting her head). This means the opposing player is then onside even although starting in an offside position. Read the rules. Sorry for spoiling your moan fest QP fans...... you utterly vile people. Not heard abuse like that to players and officials from fans for a long time..... the minority have tainted their club I'm afraid. Why are the decent ones not self policing???

35 minutes ago, Wee Chap said:

Sorry for spoiling your moan fest QP fans...... you utterly vile people.

I think you're getting a little over-excited wee chap.   The debate has been pretty civil up to this point.

The exchanges with the Livi fans at the game were in good humour and the QP fan waving his glasses was genuinely funny.

I agree with Liviforever that bad refereeing didn't lose us the game, and also that the Hampden goal should have stood. Your point about the defender's header I was unaware of, but is why I read these posts.

All the best to Livi next season, best team by a mile, but you need to get over yourself.

The fans conduct at the game was appalling and not the standard I would expect..... but you obviously point out the one funny bit, totally ignoring the comments directed at the lineswoman. But hey, maybe screaming that she's a prostitute and other delightful comments are acceptable in your world. I'm fine by the way, just pointing out a few truths. Glad to have been of assistance [emoji106]

Archived