Livingston FC the champions 22/4 match thread

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do hope that Livi will have the humility to give us a guard of honour.

You don't get a guard of honour for being a mid table team, you only get that if you're champions bud.

Can't see us beating QP tbh, Hopkin isn't playing players that are on 5 bookings because he doesn't want them missing out on trophy day through suspension, so it'll be another fringe line up I'd think. 

Very similar to Stenny and we struggled in that one and QP are a better team. 

QP lots to play for, win this and they almost seal a play off place, exceptional season. 

If Gallagher is back in the team after his family bereavement then Todorov could play up front with Buchanan, which would give us both a better defence and attack than we had against Stenny. Our midfield are strong no matter who plays, plenty quality there.

Still, we couldn't get a win when we had something to play for and with our best eleven on the pitch, QP would def be favourites here.

If Gallagher is back in the team after his family bereavement then Todorov could play up front with Buchanan, which would give us both a better defence and attack than we had against Stenny. Our midfield are strong no matter who plays, plenty quality there.
Still, we couldn't get a win when we had something to play for and with our best eleven on the pitch, QP would def be favourites here.

What game to you refer to?
Coz at Alloa we had the league to play for with our strongest team and won?

6 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

The other games against Queens Park would be my guess.

Kelly
De Vita  -  Knox  -  Mullin
Pittman  -  Ogilvie
Longridge  -  Todorov  -  Maley  -  Buchanan
Mullen

Mullen to save a last minute penalty and boot the ball up for Kelly to score the winner. 6-5 Livi.

Buchanan will start up front as he will try to score as many goals this season as he can so I'll say it'll be something like this

Malley

Todorov

Millar - Pittman - Jacobs - Knox - Sinclair - De Vita

Andy the physio - Martindale - Buchanan

Todorov to keep a clean sheet in a famous 0-0.

36 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

26 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

The other games against Queens Park would be my guess..

Yep. 2 losses and a draw when we fielded our strongest team.

QP have a play off spot to play for and we'll prob have another assortment of players making up our team, would be funny if we managed to beat them with a rag tag eleven when we couldn't with our strongest eleven. Either way it's my birthday on Saturday and i'll be getting pished.

On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:25, Ayia Napa Daz said:

Will edit thread title shortly

Right...well...get on with it then please

A huge b*****d of a game for us. Hopefully we'll take a decent crowd through that will get behind the lads from start to finish. It's the least these players deserve

Yeah the game is kinda irrelevant to Livi, not our opponents, huge game for them, given they are now in the Championship play offs. The Peterhead title presentation game is the only one left i'm buzzing for now, just for the party atmosphere..

I'd love to win this game just so we've beaten everyone in this league, and because of a certain event i'll be celebrating on Saturday (did I mention it was my birthday) :lol: but I wouldn't be gutted if QP win it, them and East Fife deserve a shot at promotion through the play offs. And at least one of them is looking good for it, EF have hit a bad patch at the wrong time.

The fact that East Fife and Queens Park are still in the running for the play offs is probably due to the number of points both have taken off Livi this season. Good luck to them both.

Archived