Queen of the South -vs- Dumbarton

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is it that some of our players only start to play well when they agree a deal somewhere else?

Stirling's capable of magic, but he's also capable of being seat smashingly frustrating. Especially if you count the number of underhit and overhit crosses he sticks in. His defensive work can be lacking a bit too - as shown by the first goal when he's nowhere near the full-back who gets the assist. Up until January I'd have been fine with us punting (just like Thomson), but since then he's looked like a different player. When he first signed he looked nervous quite a bit, so it might just be that it takes him time to settle.

In saying all that I'll miss him due to his ability to just create something out of nothing. There aren't too many better wide players than him in this league when he's having a good day. I guess a 2yr f/t deal is something we can only wish to compete with.

Getting Aldo signed up should be our number 1 (badum-tish) priority. 

Great highlights as always.

As I thought Mcmanus was too easily beaten for not only the first goal but the second as well, he doesn't do anywhere near the enough to stop nade crossing.

Seeing it again I'm not sure Robinson could have done much with the free kick, it's a great strike over the wall and dips under the bar. However, Thomsons header is straight at him, maybe he could have done better with that.

Dobbie really should have had a hat trick though. The one that comes off the post first half is a much easier chance than it looked at the time and, although it's great defending, he really should be scoring when played through in the second half.

On the Andy Stirling subject, if he's signed for Queens, I don't have any real gripes to be honest.

Of course I'd prefer him to stay with us because he's shown, particularly in the second half of the season, but a two year deal, at a full-time side isn't something we can really compete with.

He's still young enough that this represents a great opportunity to further his career and move up the levels of Scottish football, so good luck to him.

It's a big if because we just have speculation at the moment, but if he does go, it just means that, as we do every summer, it'll be another player we need to replace. We're going to be a stepping stone for players and I personally don't have any real issues with that.

Couldn't make the game yesterday and just got round to indulging in the highlights.

Stanton and Stirling looked excellent, both an absolute joy to watch on their day. Really hope Stanton wins the YPOTY award, he's a hugely influential player for us.

McCrorie's tackle to deny Dobbie was outstanding but I'm right aff the ref allowing that free kick to be taken whilst the ball is moving. Quick free kicks in general are a bit iffy for me, the rules I mean, not teams utilising said rules but for the ref to allow that to be taken whilst the ball is moving is farcical stuff. Had we conceded there I would've probably dramatically resigned from PnB in a frothing seethe.

Overall an absolutely HUGE 3 points that has given us a real fighting chance. We just need Hibs to do the business against Raith now...

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Sky Sports etc were also only listing 6 subs yesterday...

997f22a54484353ef2d8aa2f71a02e59.jpg

We should be awarded a further 3 points for Queens submitting dodgy team lines IMO.

Official team line and the one issued to the press both have Dowie on it. :P (Proof will be provided if required)

We should deduct three points from Dumbarton and Sky Sports for incompetence IMO (well ok not from Dumbarton because I would quite like you to stay up). :)

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Official team line and the one issued to the press both have Dowie on it. :P (Proof will be provided if required)

We should deduct three points from Dumbarton and Sky Sports for incompetence IMO (well ok not from Dumbarton because I would quite like you to stay up). :)

Tough consequences, that puts Sky Sports in relegation trouble.

43 minutes ago, The Caul Back said:

Is Tapping ready for a return?

Aye, apparently when the DFS sale ends. At least that's what Daniel Prodan's doctor told me.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Couldn't make the game yesterday and just got round to indulging in the highlights.

Stanton and Stirling looked excellent, both an absolute joy to watch on their day. Really hope Stanton wins the YPOTY award, he's a hugely influential player for us.

McCrorie's tackle to deny Dobbie was outstanding but I'm right aff the ref allowing that free kick to be taken whilst the ball is moving. Quick free kicks in general are a bit iffy for me, the rules I mean, not teams utilising said rules but for the ref to allow that to be taken whilst the ball is moving is farcical stuff. Had we conceded there I would've probably dramatically resigned from PnB in a frothing seethe.

Overall an absolutely HUGE 3 points that has given us a real fighting chance. We just need Hibs to do the business against Raith now...

It was very obviously moving! I missed the tackle at the time as I looked at the linesman first and then to the referee fully expecting him to blow his whistle

35 minutes ago, Tam said:

Aye, apparently when the DFS sale ends. At least that's what Daniel Prodan's doctor told me.

You realise he was on the bench yesterday, yes?

He certainly isnt ready to start but hopefully he will get some minutes before the season ends.

Was out drinking my sorrows after the semi final yesterday when the 3pm kick offs were going on, only just caught up with the scores now. What a massive three points for the Hibernisons, just goes to show that even when we let the team down you're right there to pick us back up. :wub:

Archived