Queen of the South -vs- Dumbarton

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That has to be the worst game I have seen at Palmerston all season, and who in there right mind gave Dykes a two year contract, if there's not a serious clean out and some decent players brought in, we will go down next year, heard that the Dumbarton number 22 will be signing for Queens, hope this is true, as he looked a decent player.

Need to clear out and bring in some quality.
Terrible crowd today , but some of the dross that we have seen this season, maybe understandable.
3 maybe 4 players should be kept , the rest are incapable of stepping up to sustain the standards required for a promotion push.You are right if the correct decisions arent made, the only way is down.
Dykes on another year is almost sackable in itself.

29 minutes ago, The Caul Back said:

That has to be the worst game I have seen at Palmerston all season, and who in there right mind gave Dykes a two year contract, if there's not a serious clean out and some decent players brought in, we will go down next year, heard that the Dumbarton number 22 will be signing for Queens, hope this is true, as he looked a decent player.

Don't think Dykes will be around next season.

It's Andy Stirling. He was pretty meh up to the turn of the year, since then he's largely been in terrific form. What's the source of the rumour because I heard he was looking for a new club last week but thought it was probably either complete bollocks or leverage for a new deal.

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Aside from the result today, I always enjoy a trip to Palmerston. There's a friendly atmosphere around the place, from the wee lady selling tickets (which are probably the best priced in the league) right through to the Queens fans who seem like a good bunch. None of your St Mirren-esque running down the front to abuse players for yard stealing there. 

You get a smashing view of the pitch, right up close, the stewards aren't seething, bitter power Nazis, the programme is well researched and written (not that I'd expect poor research from a team with SD in their ranks) and the sausage rolls are quality. Basically you are selling a steak pie away from the perfect away day.

It would probably be one of the very few grounds in the league I'd genuinely miss if we go down.

The fact we appear to have discovered how to win there is now merely an additional bonus.

seriously no chips and curry sauce, thats the main reason to hit palmerston. well done sons hope you stay up.

160 mile drive to watch that dismal performance. First 20 we were excellent and rewarded with another Dobbie goal. Gave away a free kick in a dangerous place and were duly punished. That said, it went in at the side the keeper was covering, Don't know if it was an excellent free kick or weak goalkeeping. 

The second we'd cleared but Marshall allowed himself to be dispossessed, it was floated to the back post and forced in - the sort of dangerous cross we never seem to achieve (Marshall and Carmichael come to mind).

Plenty possession in second half but huffed and puffed to do much with it. Although it has to be said the quick free kick by Rankine put Dobbs clean through and you would have thought Dobbs of all people would know what to do but he delayed and the chance was gone (probably credit to the defender who got back).

Can't make Falkirk but will be down for Dunfermline. Crap or not, I just can't help myself.....

7 minutes ago, QOSQOS said:

160 mile drive to watch that dismal performance. First 20 we were excellent and rewarded with another Dobbie goal. Gave away a free kick in a dangerous place and were duly punished. That said, it went in at the side the keeper was covering, Don't know if it was an excellent free kick or weak goalkeeping. 

The second we'd cleared but Marshall allowed himself to be dispossessed, it was floated to the back post and forced in - the sort of dangerous cross we never seem to achieve (Marshall and Carmichael come to mind).

Plenty possession in second half but huffed and puffed to do much with it. Although it has to be said the quick free kick by Rankine put Dobbs clean through and you would have thought Dobbs of all people would know what to do but he delayed and the chance was gone (probably credit to the defender who got back).

Can't make Falkirk but will be down for Dunfermline. Crap or not, I just can't help myself.....

Well done you. It`s only an hour for me to get to Falkirk but very much doubt I`ll be there.

Well the slog back up the 74 was as painless as I can remember.

thought we were excellent today.

young. Mccrorie exposed as it was full back who was coming through and he couldn't really pick him up. Queens solved that by giving him someone to mark in Carmichael.

stanton was mom in my opinion followed by thommo and all.

previously mentioned on posts . Great place to visit .bar before game very welcoming and prices very fair.

on to next week now .what twists await 

33 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Well done you. It`s only an hour for me to get to Falkirk but very much doubt I`ll be there.

Yep, for this Edinburgh season ticket holder, there was no way I was going to watch this dross v Hibs and I certainly will not be at Falkirk but - sigh - I will put myself through the Pars game at Palmerston. It's a form of mental illness really.

Gutted to have missed the game today but what a huge performance at the perfect time. As has already been said, this group seem to be able to step up and do this when they have taken a knock the week before. Something which I am hoping will keep us in the league.

Highlights are top notch again from Sonstv.

How did Garry do when he came on today? After a few of the things that have been said I am hoping he looked keen to kick on for the last few games.

That's a great hit from Stanton and Stirling is really unlucky just before the Queens goal. But on those highlights we owe a lot to McCrorie, not even Dobbie expected him to get back and get a boot on that when he's clean through in the second half. Both teams could've scored more too, but we'll take any kind of win.

10 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Aside from the result today, I always enjoy a trip to Palmerston. There's a friendly atmosphere around the place, from the wee lady selling tickets (which are probably the best priced in the league) right through to the Queens fans who seem like a good bunch. None of your St Mirren-esque running down the front to abuse players for yard stealing there. 

You get a smashing view of the pitch, right up close, the stewards aren't seething, bitter power Nazis, the programme is well researched and written (not that I'd expect poor research from a team with SD in their ranks) and the sausage rolls are quality. Basically you are selling a steak pie away from the perfect away day.

It would probably be one of the very few grounds in the league I'd genuinely miss if we go down.

The fact we appear to have discovered how to win there is now merely an additional bonus.

Not a very nice way to treat your hosts if you enjoy it so much. 

Stop stealing the fecking points!!!

Archived